Bring up Dubnyk

HabsRockBruinsChoke

Jul 30, 2013
This guy had .921 during the lockout season behind a team with QMJHL defence corp. He's also huge. I think it would make a better combo with him and Budaj and occasionally put in Tokarski as emergency. We'll look like the 2011 Flyers in the playoffs (Leighton, Boucher, bad Bobrovsky) by rotating our 3 goalies! (wayy better than banking on one back up goalie).

Bacchus1

Fill the net!
Sep 10, 2007
Montreal
I'd let him play some games in the AHL, at this point, since he was sent down! Otherwise, why did we sent him down? It would seem like Bergevin had no real plan or purpose. I'm sure there is some plan, so leave him to go through it.

habitue*

I'd let him play some games in the AHL, at this point, since he was sent down! Otherwise, why did we sent him down? It would seem like Bergevin had no real plan or purpose. I'm sure there is some plan, so leave him to go through it.

With Price healthy gain, no way we gonna see Dubnyk anytime soon. No way they gonna push Budaj aside.

Kimota

ROY DU NORD!!!
Nov 4, 2005
Les Plaines D'Abraham
Strange to me that the Habs made this trade to protect themselves in time of crisis and now it's a crisis and they've not used him. The goalie from Hamilton should never have been called up.

finman8

Jun 17, 2012
Strange to me that the Habs made this trade to protect themselves in time of crisis and now it's a crisis and they've not used him. The goalie from Hamilton should never have been called up.

Yes, Tic should have got the call. That's what its about. He's also played great the two opportunities he has had. When Price is back it's all back to normal. Budaj may have been off a bit but he's the legit #2. Whomever fills in occasionally is just a reward with the cup of coffee and Tokarski has earned that with this team - not dubnyk.

ArtPeur

Have a Snickers
Mar 30, 2010
And then what, recall Mayer too because aller three goalies are losing?

The problem isn't goaltending

Ice Poutine

LA POUTINE IS BACK!
Feb 18, 2006
ON MY CHAIR
...and he pronounces it "Dooooob-nick", even if its written the exact same way other people with the same name who pronounce it "Dub - Nick" for some reason!

MasterDecoy

Who took my beer?
May 4, 2010
Beijing
dubnykov is not a good goalie.

and everyone was basically worshiping budaj before he had to take over for price in a very compact schedule against some the toughest teams in the league. and a lot of the goals he allowed were almost impossible to stop, im talking about those massive deflection 5 feet in front of him, or the perfect screens, or the perfect snipe from the perfect position (oel's goal and the second one last night iirc).

and the forwards are playing like ****

buds is a backup for a reason. dubnyk was waived for a reason. let dubnyk regain some confidence in the ahl and see where you are next training camp. i think he could still pull it together

Ezpz

No mad pls
Apr 16, 2013
Let in 4 today against one of the weakest teams in the AHL.

Jamie Thomas

Apr 4, 2003
Dubnyk has value as part of a trade in the off-season.

Not only is Dubnyk a terrible goalie who cleared waivers, he is also UFA this off-season so you should forget about any "value" he would supposedly have.

Lshap

Hardline Moderate
Jun 6, 2011
Montreal
No he doesn't. He's already been thru waivers unclaimed.

Not only is Dubnyk a terrible goalie who cleared waivers, he is also UFA this off-season so you should forget about any "value" he would supposedly have.

Completely forgot about his contract status! Thanks. I knew he wasn't great, but thought a big, young NHL goalie would be a good throw-in for a team in need of a backup. Now I can't figure out what we got him for.

canadiensnation

Jun 11, 2011
GTA
Dubnyk has value as part of a trade in the off-season.

David Fischer has more value than Doobie.

Remember this guy I think they use to call him doobie
img_0932.jpg

BigDaddyLurch

Have some PRIDE, Eric...
Sponsor
Mar 1, 2013
Principle's Office
Completely forgot about his contract status! Thanks. I knew he wasn't great, but thought a big, young NHL goalie would be a good throw-in for a team in need of a backup. Now I can't figure out what we got him for.

...did Poile a favor...we prolly owed him one for the 2nd rounders the last couple years...:laugh:

Nate Beaulieu better be one of those 4 if they use em.

...he should be up with the team now...:rant:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad