Speculation: Bring Scotty back into the Organization?

Retire91

Stevey Y you our Guy
May 31, 2010
Bad take. The last time the Red Wings had a cup winning team Bowman was a consultant in 2008 before he went to Chicago and helped his son build that team into a winner.

We're not talking about hiring him as the GM or president. This is about bringing him back into his consulting role where he was very successful in the past.

For me its not about age, but personality. People that held high positions in organizations in the past can sometimes come with enormous egos and have a hard time with boundaries. I am 100% on board with what Yzerman does with this team. My concern is Bowman doing things in a vacuum. I have worked in a lot of companies where this happens where two or more highly skilled managers in at the same level launch competing priorities that eventually clash and waste a bunch of time and resources. I am not saying this "will" happen but what is the benefit of the gamble. Yzerman has an amazing track record. I wouldn't want someone lurking around thinking they can pull puppet strings on the side.

cjeagle

Jul 10, 2016
Chicago
Bad take. The last time the Red Wings had a cup winning team Bowman was a consultant in 2008 before he went to Chicago and helped his son build that team into a winner.

We're not talking about hiring him as the GM or president. This is about bringing him back into his consulting role where he was very successful in the past.

I agree. Both Holland and Babcock used him as sounding boards when he was there. I think he can still play a helpful role within the organization.

Oddbob

Jan 21, 2016
I like the idea of him back as a Wing, but at the same time he is 89 years old. I think he should just enjoy life outside hockey.

For me its not about age, but personality. People that held high positions in organizations in the past can sometimes come with enormous egos and have a hard time with boundaries. I am 100% on board with what Yzerman does with this team. My concern is Bowman doing things in a vacuum. I have worked in a lot of companies where this happens where two or more highly skilled managers in at the same level launch competing priorities that eventually clash and waste a bunch of time and resources. I am not saying this "will" happen but what is the benefit of the gamble. Yzerman has an amazing track record. I wouldn't want someone lurking around thinking they can pull puppet strings on the side.

He wouldn't come in with ego, come on, he is 89 years old, and he has no chance of getting high in power anywhere, and nor does he expect it or want it. He hasn't held a position of high power for over 15 years.

Last edited by a moderator:

jkutswings

hot piss hockey
Jul 10, 2014
This should be Scotty's new title: Prospect Camaraderie Coordinator.

Meaning that he should come up with all the pranks they play on the new guys at training camp.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad