Bring saku back?

MasterD

Giggidy Giggidy Goo
Jul 1, 2004
Absolutely, not even worth thinking about this IMO, just do it.

BoNeS42

Aug 19, 2006
The last thing this franchise needs is another sentimental acquisition.

Love Saku, but that ship has sailed.

Yeah don't touch our old captain that was the heart and soul of the team for many years and the only bright spot we had here forever.

I mean his point production went from 0.77PPG to 0.60PPG and he's 39yo. He still plays about 15minutes per game. He should have never left this team in the first place, do what's right and bring him back to retire as a Habs.

Canadiens Ghost

Mr. Objectivity
Dec 14, 2011
Smurfland
Hopefully, Saku never plays in a Habs uniform ever again unless it's for an old timers game. He deserves better.
And this move wouldn't help the Habs in any way.

Lshap

Hardline Moderate
Jun 6, 2011
Montreal
Yeah don't touch our old captain that was the heart and soul of the team for many years and the only bright spot we had here forever.

I mean his point production went from 0.77PPG to 0.60PPG and he's 39yo. He still plays about 15minutes per game. He should have never left this team in the first place, do what's right and bring him back to retire as a Habs.

I'm on board with honouring Saku for all he did for us, but the Habs simply shouldn't factor sentiment into their on-ice roster moves. This is exactly what brought Daniel Briere to Montreal -- sentiment. It was wrong to get Briere on the basis of his heritage and it would be wrong to get Koivu on the basis of his former captaincy.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad