Bring saku back?

kidchaos

Oct 31, 2013
I know this is selfish of me considering he has a chance to with the cup the year, but if we got saku,2nd,3rd for dd and gionta would u take it?
MaxPAC plecks brier
Chunky eller gally
Prust saku borque
Moen white blunden

kidchaos

Oct 31, 2013
The ducks are in need of a second/third line center dd and a second/third line winger gionta

MoobMoob

EntertainingasanSTD
Jun 11, 2011
Valhalla
I don't think a trade would hurt Sakus cup chances. Boudreau is not a post season coach. Great at getting a lot out of his teams in the regular season, but doesn't know how to adjust when other teams start clamping down.

I'd love to see him back.

Apr 28, 2010
Id love to see him back too. But Anaheim also loves him as much as most of us do.

Although I think Anaheim would do a Briere for Koivu trade. DD for Koivu? Zero chance.

If Koivu does come back though, it would mean Gallagher will have to change his number AGAIN. Lol

Price My Man Crush

Aug 27, 2011
Montréal
I would take Koivu over DD anytime. We went from Koivu to Gomez...to Desharnais. Such a shame.

The problem is Koivu probably doesn't really care about Montreal anymore...I mean, he's been living in California for the last five years. I'm sure he's happier there than he has ever been here.

Ice Poutine

LA POUTINE IS BACK!
Feb 18, 2006
ON MY CHAIR
The Habs draft new young talent each and every year just so they dont have to rely on bringing back old players like Saku... if were going that way then i say lets bring back Guy Lafleur.
:shakehead

DAChampion

May 28, 2011
The Habs draft new young talent each and every year just so they dont have to rely on bringing back old players like Saku... if were going that way then i say lets bring back Guy Lafleur.
:shakehead
Koivu is still a productive NHL player.

HabsRockBruinsChoke

Jul 30, 2013
I would rather get Steve Ott. He has what we need (Size, face-off skills, salary for a third line center, agitator abilities)

Pacioretty - Galchenyuk - Gallagher
Bournival - Plekanec - Gionta
Prust - Ott - Bourque
Moen - White - Stafford

Look at this beautiful lineup with beefed up 3rd and 4th. Briere, Eller, and Desharnais would be in Buffalo.

Ezpz

No mad pls
Apr 16, 2013
I would rather get Steve Ott. He has what we need (Size, face-off skills, salary for a third line center, agitator abilities)

Pacioretty - Galchenyuk - Gallagher
Bournival - Plekanec - Gionta
Prust - Ott - Bourque
Moen - White - Stafford

Look at this beautiful lineup with beefed up 3rd and 4th. Briere, Eller, and Desharnais would be in Buffalo.

I wouldn't trade Eller for Ott if Buffalo added a non-top 10 first round pick.

Bacchus1

Fill the net!
Sep 10, 2007
Montreal
We should definitely bring him back to retire his jersey! I love Saku! Doubt he wants to come back to the cold of MTL! Howevever, if we could sign him as a free agent for the 3rd line, I wouldn't mind. Can't believe Gainey let him walk! Darkest day in the Hab's history!

Lshap

Hardline Moderate
Jun 6, 2011
Montreal
The last thing this franchise needs is another sentimental acquisition.

Love Saku, but that ship has sailed.

HabsRockBruinsChoke

Jul 30, 2013
I wouldn't trade Eller for Ott if Buffalo added a non-top 10 first round pick.

Why? what has Eller proved to become a top 2 center in this team for the future? he obviously does not want to be a third line center for long and will demand a higher salary this off season. You can blame the minutes hes getting but he does not produce like a top-6 forward and thats that. We can't just keep holding onto players with just the hype they got, Eller is overrated and we don't need another center. Seriously, we really don't, its better to let him go but only reason he will stay is because with his current numbers, he will only get a slight increase in his extension and Berg prefers to deal with Briere first. I think Briere, Eller, and Desharnais will be gone as all three want to center the top 2 and we already have taken care of that (in Plek and Galchenyuk, maybe Bournival as well).

rockjngo

Oct 31, 2011
Gainey was the worst GM ever, Saku should never have been let go and Ryan Mcdonagh should never have been a throw in for Scott Gomez who btw the Rangers was dumping his full $7.3 million with 5 years left and they got Chris Higgins, Ryan Mcdonagh and cap space to sign Marian Gaborik.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad