Bring back the best intro in hockey

BB6

Feb 14, 2012
Canada
I never liked it but I never liked the band that much either, I always thought its tone was weird for a hockey game.

Havre

Jul 24, 2011
I guess I disagree. Don't like the song and even if I did like it has the wrong "beat" for a hockey game.

tonto35

Sep 30, 2014
Don't like the band either. But

Still the best intro in sports and shouldn't have messed with it.
Especially with the horn whaling!

tonto35

Sep 30, 2014
Yah

The horn is the best part. Gave me chills watching it live.

When the bass from the horn gives yah chillz
Since it got changed fans aren't even in the game anymore. All quiet and sit like a prince george concert

IntangiBo

Aug 15, 2014
Still the best intro in sports and shouldn't have messed with it.
Especially with the horn whaling!

This really isn't even close to best of anything. It's exciting because it's game 7 of a series we almost lost.

Think about it; a horn and a U2 song and some flashing lights. Albeit a nice, hopeful U2 song.

Barney Gumble

Jan 2, 2007
Just put on some entertaining hockey (doesn't necessarily has to be wins but obviously that helps) and I really wouldn't care what the intro was to be honest.

carolinacanuck

Apr 5, 2007
The Carolinas
it may not be the best intro in hockey but it's the best intro the canucks have ever had.

but in typical canucks fashion, they toyed around and effed it up.

Zombotron

Supreme Overlord of Crap
Jan 3, 2010
Toronto
'Where the Streets Have No Name' is playoffs only. Want to hear it? Then hope they make the playoffs. That's the entire draw of that song. Why would they put out their full pregame spectacle for a Sunday game versus the Carolina Hurricanes?

I mean, DJ Dave had put on Streets in the regular season, but only in a remixed danceable form. And if you're gonna put on Streets in the regular season, it had best be that way. Tantalize us with a preview of things to come. Save the best for later.

Ozone

Jan 19, 2013
This intro became a part of the Canucks experience, and nothing they have had since has come close to matching it.

Perfectly said. It sends chills down my spine every time I hear it.

I get so tired of hearing people wanting to change it for their 'shiny new toy'...

Why change sometime that works?

Win One Before I Die

Cautious Optimism
Jul 31, 2007
I've accepted that the intro will always be lackluster. I am not sure what it is with this franchise, but U2 is not worthy of hockey pump up music.

I remember the Ducks used to come out to Reign in Blood by Slayer and they won the cup that year.

TIL that hockey + metal = Stanley Cup

tonto35

Sep 30, 2014
no lyricz

instrumental..
and if you say that intro with the horn goin wouldn't get you pumped then you're a liar. you can see it in the players and the fans. play different music during the game tho!

tonto35

Sep 30, 2014
anyway

nice meeting you peeps.. this is pretty much the last push for some of the older guys. now or never!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad