bring back Jagr

tuckrr

Nov 28, 2008
I know he's slow, I know he gets injured, he's not what he once was, and he's too old for hf boards...

But Giroux and Voracek clearly loved that guy, and played way better with him. That was a LINE not just three guys on the ice together. They all had such trust and chemistry, I'll never understand breaking them up (other than contract negotiations)

So how much would it cost to rent him for the playoffs?

And he specializes in killing penguins now

Prongo

Beer
Jun 5, 2008
philadelphia
Jarg and Voracek really didn't play on a line together. It was Hartnell-Giroux-Jagr on tat line.

Devils would never trade him here.

tuckrr

Nov 28, 2008
Jarg and Voracek really didn't play on a line together. It was Hartnell-Giroux-Jagr on tat line.

Devils would never trade him here.

You're right -- that was the majority of the season, but for PP and when Hartnell was out they were together. Jagr is Jake and G's hero

Embiid

On early summer vacay
May 27, 2010
Philadelphia
Holmgren should never have put Carle and Jagr on the shelf while pursuing his pipe dream...

Bad miscalc and he publically admitted in the case of Jagr that he "probably" made a mistake but needed to "move on."

JDinkalage Morgoone

U of South Flurrida
Oct 7, 2008
308 Negra Arroyo Ln.
Holmgren should never have put Carle and Jagr on the shelf while pursuing his pipe dream...

Bad miscalc and he publically admitted in the case of Jagr that he "probably" made a mistake but needed to "move on."

I know he swung and miss with Suter and Parise, but I am happy he made a run at them. Only thing is he should've fallen back on the other two when they got nabbed by Minnesota.

FlyersFan61290

Jul 13, 2010
Philadelphia
I know he swung and miss with Suter and Parise, but I am happy he made a run at them. Only thing is he should've fallen back on the other two when they got nabbed by Minnesota.

Me too. Imagine if the team got those two. We'd have our number one d-man and a goal scoring winger to play with G, the two things the team needs most.

I would love to see Jagr back in a Flyers uniform but the Devils are still in the mix for a playoff spot. Also the Devils would never trade him here and even if they were willing I'm not sure it would be very smart. He wouldn't come cheap and this team isn't exactly close to being a legit contender. Sure anything can happen come playoff time but he'll be slowing down by then and I don't think it's smart asset management to make a trade like that all those things considered.

Embiid

On early summer vacay
May 27, 2010
Philadelphia

he couldn't though..they moved on before he could I believe....Jagr said he didn't feel like waiting around like a red headed step child. Carle got that overpriced offer which sometimes happens when you are in the open market and considered a pretty decent asset contrary to the excessive fad hate by some Flyers fans. He was a +6 against the Flyers the other night and people said it's because he plays with good players blah blah blah...:shakehead

JDinkalage Morgoone

U of South Flurrida
Oct 7, 2008
308 Negra Arroyo Ln.
he couldn't though..they moved on before he could I believe....Jagr said he didn't feel like waiting around like a red headed step child. Carle got that overpriced offer which sometimes happens when you are in the open market and considered a pretty decent asset contrary to the excessive fad hate by some Flyers fans. He was a +6 against the Flyers the other night and people said it's because he plays with good players blah blah blah...:shakehead

I was at the game, I remember him being a +6 but from what I saw he didn't do anything overly outstanding. Their forwards were all over the Flyers from start to finish. That's not a knock on Carle by any means by me, by the way.

Embiid

On early summer vacay
May 27, 2010
Philadelphia
I was at the game, I remember him being a +6 but from what I saw he didn't do anything overly outstanding. Their forwards were all over the Flyers from start to finish. That's not a knock on Carle by any means by me, by the way.

That's just it though...he is stealth in his play apart from his lack of PP acumen. He does a lot of things well that go unnoticed. People just focus on his weak wrist and his shot that can't break an egg..which I admit is pretty bad...lol

Jack Straw

Moving much too slow.
Sponsor
Jul 19, 2010
New York
It was great watching Jagr with the Flyers for that one season but that was enough. He's not going to get this team a Cup, so I'll pass.

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
That's just it though...he is stealth in his play apart from his lack of PP acumen. He does a lot of things well that go unnoticed. People just focus on his weak wrist and his shot that can't break an egg..which I admit is pretty bad...lol

On offense he's basically a complete non factor. I don't think I'll even call him an offensive dman anymore, it's just not an accurate label. He's a transition dman. You can go on about his +6 but he had practicaly nothing to do with that...he had two secondary assists, and one of those came on an empty net :laugh:.

As for Jagr, he has had a tendency to fall off in the second half of the season; so that's a risk. I'm not interested in giving anything to a divisional rival for him, and I doubt NJ is interested in giving him up because they have no replacement.

tuckrr

Nov 28, 2008
On offense he's basically a complete non factor. I don't think I'll even call him an offensive dman anymore, it's just not an accurate label. He's a transition dman. You can go on about his +6 but he had practicaly nothing to do with that...he had two secondary assists, and one of those came on an empty net :laugh:.

As for Jagr, he has had a tendency to fall off in the second half of the season; so that's a risk. I'm not interested in giving anything to a divisional rival for him, and I doubt NJ is interested in giving him up because they have no replacement.

picks maybe

flyershockey

Oct 10, 2006
People are still mad about Homer going after Suter and Parise? With those two instead of Vinny and Streit, this team is a Stanley Cup contender right now. They are both exactly what this team needs.

Stizzle

Feb 3, 2012
The first half of the season he looks wonderful. Late in the season and in the playoffs he dies. He was bad for us in the playoffs and he was bad for the Bruins last year.

shipwreck

HFBoards Sponsor
Sep 7, 2011
Texas
I would have loved for them to have resigned Jagr. And, was disappointed to see him go. I was able to see him and meet him again when he played for the Stars. Even though I am not a Stars fan. It is the closest team to me.

I watch some of the Devils games sometimes. They seem to be all over the map from game to game sometimes. But, he was their leading scorer for a while. On the last game I saw, I think I heard it stated he was the 2nd leading scorer for the Devils now.

tuckrr

Nov 28, 2008
We also have to remember we don't need RW's, we need a top line LW. Jagr doesn't help us there.

Yeah but we're not getting that at the deadline, just like we need a #1 defenseman..

Jagr would be an upgrade on Raffl without doubt

Jack Straw

Moving much too slow.
Sponsor
Jul 19, 2010
New York
Yeah but we're not getting that at the deadline, just like we need a #1 defenseman..

Jagr would be an upgrade on Raffl without doubt

Maybe, if he's healthy and not worn down by the end of the season. And if he's even willing to play LW, which in the past he has not been willing to do. You put him on the left side and you take away what is probably his greatest strength at this point, which is his.. well, strength- and his ability to protect the puck. His game won't translate well to LW and he knows that. Which is why he chose the Flyers in the first place, they told him he would play RW. I think the Pens would not promise him that.

And if you play Jagr at RW then you have to move Jake to LW and his game would likely suffer for the same reason.

Seriously, there is no reason to be trying to "get the band back together one last time" at this point. Jagr is not part of the Flyers future, there's no reason to try to force fit him into their present.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad