Confirmed with Link: Brind'Amour Extended for 3 years

Svechhammer

THIS is hockey?
Jun 8, 2017

Canes, Brind'Amour Agree to Three-Year Contract Extension

Brind'Amour, 50, has earned a 120-66-20 record in three seasons behind the Hurricanes bench. His .631 points percentage is the highest by a head coach in franchise history, and he is the only head coach in franchise history to lead the team to the playoffs in three consecutive seasons. Carolina won their fifth-ever division title this season with a 36-12-8 record, finishing with the highest single-season points percentage (.714) in franchise history. He is one of three finalists for the 2020-21 Jack Adams Award, presented annually to the NHL's coach of the year.

After leading the Hurricanes to the Second Round of the 2021 Stanley Cup Playoffs, Brind'Amour has registered the second-most career playoff wins (17) in franchise history. In 2019, he led the Hurricanes to their fourth-ever Conference Finals appearance, after defeating the Washington Capitals in seven games during the First Round and sweeping the New York Islanders in the Second Round. After sweeping the New York Rangers in three games during the Qualifying Round in 2020, Brind'Amour became the only head coach in franchise playoff history to earn multiple series sweeps.

MinJaBen

Canes Sharks Boy
Sponsor
Dec 14, 2015
Durm
Over/under 50% chance we win a cup with him on this contract? I'd say over but don't want to get too cocky...

Under. Not a knock on the team or his coaching, but only 1 team wins a Cup in any given year. The odds are much higher we don't win one in 3 years than we do

Easy to take the under here. And if I lose money, I’m still a happy fan.

A Star is Burns

Formerly Azor Aho
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2011
It's kinda crazy to think about him getting traded here and not really being all that thrilled about it originally to Cup-winning iconic captain to excellent coach (we can just forget about the dark assistant coaching years, right?). It's just crazy to think about a guy like him coming here and just embodying everything that this franchise is for so long. To have this place be his home. It's really pretty amazing and we're really lucky as fans.

LostInaLostWorld

Work?
Sponsor
Oct 25, 2016
Central City
All good stuff, love hearing everything Rod had to say and glad this is finally wrapped up.

I assume Daniels will be back and Chynoweth is still tbd, but sounds like no one at the presser asked about their status? Nothing in the releases either.
Yeah. You would think that we'd hear about all the folks Rod talked about getting signed first.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad