Brighter Future: NY Rangers vs LA Kings

Which team has the brighter future?

• New York Rangers

• Los Angeles Kings

Results are only viewable after voting.

The Crypto Guy

Jun 26, 2017
The Rangers started their rebuild 2 years ago and have had back to back fire sales. Why would you compare their future to the Kings?
Well that's shame on the Kings who havent won a playoff series since 2014. They should have opened their eyes sooner and started a rebuild/retool.

jetsforever

Dec 14, 2013
Does 'future' extend indefinitely? I'd probably say NY as they are a slightly more desirable destination so overall will probably average a bit higher.

sufferer

Dec 6, 2017
I like LA's prospects a bit more but this is definitely NYR, I think even in the event that the former wins the lotto.

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
damn...already? He could easily bounce back imo

edit: I can't believe he is only 26
Even if he bounces back, he's just not a player that warrants 8.5m and DeAngelo and Fox are just better players than "good" Trouba.

The Rangers have done a lot right with this rebuild but they just had to get the shiny toy like always. Couldn't help themselves.

People will try to lump in Kreider but I don't see how a 1.9m raise for one of your best players (who you have no in-house replacement for) at probably below market is a bad deal.

Jtown

Oct 6, 2010
Fairfax, Virginia
Even if he bounces back, he's just not a player that warrants 8.5m and DeAngelo and Fox are just better players than "good" Trouba.

The Rangers have done a lot right with this rebuild but they just had to get the shiny toy like always. Couldn't help themselves.

People will try to lump in Kreider but I don't see how a 1.9m raise for one of your best players (who you have no in-house replacement for) at probably below market is a bad deal.

Kreider provides a lot. He probably looked at the contract Tom Wilson got and used that as a benchmark.

DeAngelo has to be resigned, But think of it like this you just got yourself a first pairing , pp qb dman as a throw in . OF all the pieces in that deal he turned out to be the best one.

The Trouba contract is not so bad since you will have some very good dmen coming up in the next few years on ELC's. That will help mitigate the over-payment for Trouba.

KirkAlbuquerque

#WeNeverGetAGoodCoach
Mar 12, 2014
New York
Come on bruh. Rangers already have a pretty good roster, some established superstars and still some high end prospects on the way. LA only has prospects. High-end prospects, but prospects none the less. Shouldn't be close.

LaMasquerade

Mar 11, 2018
Tampere
At least in near(ish) future Rangers for me. Kings are about to hit their bottom, while Rangers are already bouncing back. They might be in the playoffs already this season!

Reactions: CasusBelli

NJ DevLolz

The Many Saints of Newark
Sep 30, 2017
Probably the Rangers but they're in a bit of an awkward spot. Panarin, Zibanejad, and Kreider are already firmly in their primes and the rest of the roster isnt there yet. Also, you can't count on Zibanejad and Panarin to repeat their years. Will be interesting to see if the team can develop a star in 3-5 years when they're in decline

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad