Brighter future - Edmonton or Buffalo

Edmonton or Buffalo

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

FerklundCGY

Jul 3, 2017
Lol Edmonton will never have hope for a bright future as long as Chiarelli is GM

McBaevid

Lottery Dynasty
Oct 3, 2010
Edmonton, AB
Oilers fan voting Buffalo. Chiarelli has squandered far too many valuable assets into essentially nothing and the team outside of 3 or 4 players is widely unimpressive. Even with McDavid, the team just has too many holes

Sabresruletheschool

Jul 16, 2012
Edmonton should fire Chairelli and do a mini rebuild. Keep the couple of good players and sell the rest of for contracts with 2 or 3 years on them and draft picks.

WillTheThrill

Mar 2, 2016
Buffalo AINEC. They lost the McDavid lottery and STILL have a better future. Shows what kind of team the Oilers are. Pathetic franchise.

93LEAFS

Nov 7, 2009
Toronto
Buffalo is better right now, has more young talent coming through the pipeline, and futures in the way of picks. With Katz still owning the team, and some of his red wine buddies having a say, I don't know how much you can expect to change. They've failed to develop guys for years. McDavid is unreal, but how much better can you really expect him to be. The improvement has to come from someone outside of him and Drai.

93LEAFS

Nov 7, 2009
Toronto
Edmonton should fire Chairelli and do a mini rebuild. Keep the couple of good players and sell the rest of for contracts with 2 or 3 years on them and draft picks.
Who can they sell for value? I don't think they can afford to trade McDavid, RNH, or Drai. Its not like anyone outside of their prospects will return much. No one is taking on Lucic or Sekera. Larsson, Nurse and Klefbom have some value, but it further depletes their D.

Albus Dumbledore

Master of Death
Mar 28, 2015
Buffalo just has more pieces filled out. And have better options to fix holes and pieces moving forward. Easy choice to pick buffalo. But you never know.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
Who can they sell for value? I don't think they can afford to trade McDavid, RNH, or Drai. Its not like anyone outside of their prospects will return much. No one is taking on Lucic or Sekera. Larsson, Nurse and Klefbom have some value, but it further depletes their D.

I think that poster meant taking on longer-term bad contracts for picks...that said I'd throw a silly amount of futures at them for Drai if Chia actually started taking offers on him lol

...like both 1sts this year, our 1st next year, Kerfoot, and their choice of our non-Makar prospects...though I'd prefer to keep Kaut; since we have so few RS wingers in the organization at any level.

Skolman

Feb 16, 2018
It depends if we have a competent GM or not, as of right now though Buffalo has the brighter future for sure.

ScaredStreit

May 5, 2006
Tampa, FL
Hmmm the young team that's solidly in the playoffs and in the race for the President's trophy, or the young non-playoff team? With all due respect to Edmonton, this isn't a question.

sparxx87

Don Quixote
Jan 5, 2010
Toronto
Sabres, no question.

Eichel + Dahlin + a few good pieces. If they find a long term goalie, they’re set to content for the next decade.

Really impressed with Dahlin in my limited viewings. Exceptional player... you can just see, there’s something different about him.

.... the Oilers are a **** show... they’re not even close.

Foppberg

Nov 20, 2016
Summerside, PEI
The one with an elite #1C and an elite young D with Norris potential.

McDavid is beyond amazing but you can't win it all on his back.

Filthy Dangles

Registered User*
Oct 23, 2014
EDM is screwed going forward. With the bad trades, missed on draft picks and current guys in the farm and system they aren't gonna be able to build a stanley cup team.

ironically, they need to be that basement lottery team again so they can accrue that talent but McDavid and the new culture won't allow them to suck enough again to get high picks.

i don't see them righting this thing.

Zamuz

Oct 27, 2011
Finland
Buffalo is proably a legit SC contender in couple of years

young #1 center and young #1D , that is hard to top

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad