Bright Side of the Ring

JackSlater

Apr 27, 2010
You could probably do a good one just based on practical jokes that the wrestlers played on each other. Owen Hart, Curt Hennig, and so on. You could try something around DDP's work with some seemingly broken wrestlers, though there's already a documentary about it.

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
I think you could. Even on the Dark Side of the Ring there are some funny moments. Just not a lot of them.

Judging by the wrestling podcasts that are out there, you'd think they'd be able to put something together.

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
PCO becoming a world champ at 50 is a pretty good story.

that would be a really good one

Maybe Zack Gowen? I think Wade Barrett could be a fun one...his backstory is fascinating

Seems like there are a lot more negatives than there are positives lol

Sheppy

Nov 23, 2011
The Arctic
DDP would be great.

Maybe Flair? The life long stories and then feature his hospitalization and recovery? Man, I’d watch that episode

Maybe HBK being an asshole and then finding god and becoming not a shit head?

I really don’t know.

Reactions: Kaner9

Sheppy

Nov 23, 2011
The Arctic
Unrelated, but I want to see something on Pillman. He was my favorite growing up.

Last edited:

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
DDP would be great.

Maybe Flair? The life long stories and then feature his hospitalization and recovery? Man, I’d watch that episode

Maybe HBK being an asshole and then finding god and becoming not a shit head?

I really don’t know.
I think he talked about it in one of the WWE documentaries. Might have even been the one with him and Hart. His one book is all about finding god. Quite an interesting read. Actually talked to the minister to see if some of the angles would offend the church.

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
DDP is honestly such a terrific guy to listen to. He’s basically his early 2000’s WWF gimmick (overwhelmingly positive life coach not wife stalker)

Hes got videos of the power of positivity on YouTube. That’s not a bad thing......it’s a good thing!

Reactions: Big Poppa Puck

Big Poppa Puck

HF's Villain
Dec 8, 2009
D-Boss' Dungeon
DDP is honestly such a terrific guy to listen to. He’s basically his early 2000’s WWF gimmick (overwhelmingly positive life coach not wife stalker)

Hes got videos of the power of positivity on YouTube. That’s not a bad thing......it’s a good thing!

I'm still so pissed at the Stalker gimmick. In like 2 weeks he went from "I only did this so you can make me famous, I don't really care about Sarah", to being an actual creepy stalker of Sarah, to getting completely buried by Kane and Taker.

Reactions: HandsomeHollywood

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
I'm still so pissed at the Stalker gimmick. In like 2 weeks he went from "I only did this so you can make me famous, I don't really care about Sarah", to being an actual creepy stalker of Sarah, to getting completely buried by Kane and Taker.

his success in WCW is what killed him in WWE. Really the only guys from rival promotions they did a lot with were RVD and Booker T, they just focused on completely burying everybody else. Hell they tried to bury Booker now that I think of it

I think they could have done a lot more with DDP. Guys huge, he’s a good promo, and has an incredibly over finisher. And unlike a lot of the roster at the time he was seemingly a really good guy

HandsomeHollywood

Brooke Shields ain't got nothin'
Mar 20, 2017
This is the true issue with the story (aside from the burials). WWE lost the plot. It's not a bad way for Page to come in, but it's a horrible way to book his character as actually being a stalker.

JackSlater

Apr 27, 2010
This is the true issue with the story (aside from the burials). WWE lost the plot. It's not a bad way for Page to come in, but it's a horrible way to book his character as actually being a stalker.

The old Muhammad Hassan twist.

You people unfairly malign me and assume that I am a terrorist because of my background!

*A few weeks later*

HAHAHAHAHA I AM A TERRORIST!

Reactions: HandsomeHollywood

swflyers93

Nov 19, 2007
Norristown, PA
Jake the Snake. This guy was a good wrestler, great talker and he descends into darkness. DDP gets him into DDP Yoga and I think rehab. Now he is back in the wrestling industry on tv. Same with Scott Hall.

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
The old Muhammad Hassan twist.

You people unfairly malign me and assume that I am a terrorist because of my background!

*A few weeks later*

HAHAHAHAHA I AM A TERRORIST!

he had so much potential... then they had to bring out the terrorists and the piano wire

lordy if they tried that today. They could definitely do a dark side on him or if they need more to fill out the documentary race in the WWE. I mean shit Vince said the N word on TV.

JackSlater

Apr 27, 2010
he had so much potential... then they had to bring out the terrorists and the piano wire

lordy if they tried that today. They could definitely do a dark side on him or if they need more to fill out the documentary race in the WWE. I mean shit Vince said the N word on TV.

The gimmick is interesting at least, had WWE been willing to maybe stick to it instead of going off the deep end. It was a strange pick for a wrestler to fill that gimmick though. Kind of typical for Cornette in the dark era of his career, OVW.

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
The gimmick is interesting at least, had WWE been willing to maybe stick to it instead of going off the deep end. It was a strange pick for a wrestler to fill that gimmick though. Kind of typical for Cornette in the dark era of his career, OVW.

picked the Italian guy to play a disenfranchised American Muslim lol

quality stuff lol

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad