Sep 6, 2003
NYC
We’re playing Providence. Again

Jakub Skarek making the start.

MJF

Hope is not a strategy
Sep 6, 2003
NYC
Vande Sompel out for Ryan MacKinnon this afternoon. Jobst out, Durandeau and Blade Jenkins dressed.

MJF

Hope is not a strategy
Sep 6, 2003
NYC
Scoreless after 2. Shots: Providence 14, BST 9.

Skarek looks sharp today. Each team killed a penalty but the Bruins were getting a lot of premium chances on their PP.

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011
Scoreless after 2. Shots: Providence 14, BST 9.

Skarek looks sharp today. Each team killed a penalty but the Bruins were getting a lot of premium chances on their PP.
Yes, he has. If I didn't look up his stats, I would not have expected he would be having a tough start the season. I tried to pay attention to Wilde and Bolduc. Didn't see Holmstrom playing though.

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011
Bolduc just got off a good shot from his off wing, almost same place he scored the other day. Goalie made the save, but it was a difficult save. Kid has a nice dangerous release.

MJF

Hope is not a strategy
Sep 6, 2003
NYC
It was your heads up, that I tuned in. lol. The 3rd was quick. Did get a look at Wilde, Holmstrom, and Bolduc. Of the vets, can't say anyone really stood out.
That was the story of the first 2 periods for our skaters. Didn’t create a helluva lot, defended well when they had to. Skarek was our best player today.

If I had been at the game I would have nodded out or been on my 2nd beer.

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011
That was the story of the first 2 periods for our skaters. Didn’t create a helluva lot, defended well when they had to. Skarek was our best player today.

Skarek can be developed hopefully, I recall him being one of the more highly rated Goalies his draft year. Wilde, did notice him today. Has some tools, seems very raw. Not as big as I thought for his listed size. He's listed as only an inch shorter than Bolduc but Bolduc looks significantly taller? It's going to be interesting to see which one of these 2 emerge as the first call up to make the team.

Reactions: Rengi

JRD76

Aug 11, 2013
It was your heads up, that I tuned in. lol. The 3rd was quick. Did get a look at Wilde, Holmstrom, and Bolduc. Of the vets, can't say anyone really stood out.
I thought Timashov stood out. He was quick and all over the ice. Played with a lot of energy.

scott99

May 13, 2005
Skarek can be developed hopefully, I recall him being one of the more highly rated Goalies his draft year. Wilde, did notice him today. Has some tools, seems very raw. Not as big as I thought for his listed size. He's listed as only an inch shorter than Bolduc but Bolduc looks significantly taller? It's going to be interesting to see which one of these 2 emerge as the first call up to make the team.
If you told me a Dman would have 2-3-5 through 5 games, and 0-0-0, I would guess that Wilde was the one who had 2-3-5. But it’s Bolduc. That’s interesting to me.

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011
If you told me a Dman would have 2-3-5 through 5 games, and 0-0-0, I would guess that Wilde was the one who had 2-3-5. But it’s Bolduc. That’s interesting to me.
That's the beautiful thing for prospects, development is not the same for all. BTW Wilde had 2 pts in 20 games last year with Bridgeport. Safe to say Bolduc is off to a quicker start. Too early for me to get a read on Wilde. Will need more viewings of him, as well as on Holmstrom. But right now, it looks like Bolduc is jumping to the head of the class.

BarzyClub

Jan 17, 2018

Bolduc thinks the game at a higher level right now than Wilde. He makes the proper pinches and will jump up into the play with a purpose which rarely results in a turnover the other way. Bolduc reminds me of Pelech in size and skating ability but with offense thrown in. He’s obviously not as good defensively but he’s still very good.

Wilde is the riverboat gambler type and is always looking to jump into the rush. Wilde will jump up at the wrong times or will give the puck away on a rush with will result in a scoring opportunity against. He’s very raw defensively and will need a lot of time to get that honed right.

Bolduc needs a bit more seasoning and there’s no need to rush him but he’s miles ahead of Wilde in terms of being anywhere near to a call up.

BarzyClub

Jan 17, 2018

BSt did a much better job cutting down on the dangerous giveaways in the d zone and limited the amount of high danger chances in the slot. They played more of an Islander defensive style and Skarek had a much easier time of it stopping 36 of 37 shots.

Last edited:
Reactions: MJF

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011
Bolduc thinks the game at a higher level right now than Wilde. He makes the proper pinches and will jump up into the play with a purpose which rarely results in a turnover the other way. Bolduc reminds me of Pelech in size and skating ability but with offense thrown in. He’s obviously not as good defensively but he’s still very good.

Wilde is the riverboat gambler type and is always looking to jump into the rush. Wilde will jump up at the wrong times or will give the puck away on a rush with will result in a scoring opportunity against. He’s very raw defensively and will need a lot of time to get that honed right.

Bolduc needs a bit more seasoning and there’s no need to rush him but he’s miles ahead of Wilde in terms of being anywhere near to a call up.
Bolduc played with Hutton. I think this is the #1 pairing for the Tigers? Either that or Witherspoon. But it looks like Hutton and Bolduc are the best D men on the team. That's impressive, for a rookie to do even in the AHL. I heard the announcer today mention Trotz compared Wilde to Carlson. But I think he got that mixed up, it was actually Bolduc being compared to Carlson and Hedman.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad