Laval Rocket: Bridgeport Islanders VS Laval Rocket 7EST AHLTV

NewDef

Nov 2, 2015
My guess is Bridgeport has never played in front of such a crowd and were intimidated. Way ouf of their element of 500 fans in the crowd.
That's crazy when you think of it.

The Rocket is a great show at a fraction of the price of the habs. That move from management was one of the best things that could happen. It also is enticing for quebecers to come back home on good deals and put their heart in it.

Thinking of the Hamilton years, i can understand development was an issue when a prospect was attacked on the street and the place makes you depressed just by being there.

Boss Man Hughes

Mar 15, 2022

The Rocket is a great show at a fraction of the price of the habs. That move from management was one of the best things that could happen. It also is enticing for quebecers to come back home on good deals and put their heart in it.

Thinking of the Hamilton years, i can understand development was an issue when a prospect was attacked on the street and the place makes you depressed just by being there.
Never had any problem around the Copps Coliseum and I have been to many games there. A lot of Hamilton is a dump though. And even though they were supposed to get rid of one way streets there are still quite a few. It is the definition of 'You Can't get There From Here".

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
Big win for Laval as they can't afford to give away the points.

Farrell once again one of their best players, 6 pts in the last 7 gms.

Mailloux is the tail of two cities in the vid as it could have been a disaster if his pass across the offensive blueline that got picked off, if that led to a goal that could have had a big impact as it was 3-0 at the time but then later he just wired one off the post for his 38th point of the season. Very impressive production and so far it's great that the Habs can just leave him alone to continue learning from his mistakes.

Heineman with a big hit, the production hasn't been great lately but he brings it and works hard. Some compare him to Ylonen but he doesn't disappear anywhere nearly as bad as Ylonen would at times. His game is more suited for the 4th line then Ylonen as well. That said it's great not to rush him so he can work on his offensive game some more.

Another impressive showing from Dobes who picked up his 18th and now his save % is a season high .902

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
I was watching the Bridgeort AHL TV feed for the ten minutes I did watch and they mentioned Davidson was out because of a blocked shot.
Must have taken it in a bad spot????

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
Big win for Laval as they can't afford to give away the points.

Farrell once again one of their best players, 6 pts in the last 7 gms.

Mailloux is the tail of two cities in the vid as it could have been a disaster if his pass across the offensive blueline that got picked off, if that led to a goal that could have had a big impact as it was 3-0 at the time but then later he just wired one off the post for his 38th point of the season. Very impressive production and so far it's great that the Habs can just leave him alone to continue learning from his mistakes.

Heineman with a big hit, the production hasn't been great lately but he brings it and works hard. Some compare him to Ylonen but he doesn't disappear anywhere nearly as bad as Ylonen would at times. His game is more suited for the 4th line then Ylonen as well. That said it's great not to rush him so he can work on his offensive game some more.

Another impressive showing from Dobes who picked up his 18th and now his save % is a season high .902
In your opinion who is more impressive in Laval currently? Mailloux or Barron?

schwang26

Mar 15, 2022
It's true. It happens way too often for it not being done accidentally on purpose.
One of these days a ref is going to call it.

No one messed with Arber! 😉

Reactions: Runner77

schwang26

Mar 15, 2022
you just know Houle is ready to healthy scratch all of them for the sake of making the playoffs
Good. I actually WANT them to make the playoffs! Don’t you? Or would you be satisfied with Tuch getting to play 3 games in a losing season?

Harry Kakalovich

Sep 26, 2002
Montreal
Barron trade not looking good. Gave up solid player not getting nothing back.
I still like the decision to trade Lehkonen. I'm glad he's doing well in Colorado, but I had no interest in signing him for 5 years at $4.5M per.

I agree Barron may not necessarily work out with the Habs, but I don't think that means the Lehkonen trade was bad. Not every prospect will work out, but that doesn't mean having prospects is bad.

Let's see what happens with Barron moving forward. Maybe the Habs trade him, or maybe they still believe in him. Either way, I like the package the Habs got back for Lehkonen.

schwang26

Mar 15, 2022
I still like the decision to trade Lehkonen. I'm glad he's doing well in Colorado, but I had no interest in signing him for 5 years at $4.5M per.

I agree Barron may not necessarily work out with the Habs, but I don't think that means the Lehkonen trade was bad. Not every prospect will work out, but that doesn't mean having prospects is bad.

Let's see what happens with Barron moving forward. Maybe the Habs trade him, or maybe they still believe in him. Either way, I like the package the Habs got back for Lehkonen.
Honestly, when you look at his stats, there’s less offence there than last year which tells me that he’s probably focusing on his defensive game. He did look bad earlier in the year, but I do see a bit of improvement. Not the big, obvious gaffes he did have. And as I mentioned before, he’s actually a plus 1 without providing much offence that would normally skew the rating.

Scintillating10

Jun 15, 2012
Nova Scotia
Just trying to let you know it's not about getting 100% of the moves right,

It's about not getting over 60%+ of them wrong like a certain previous GM
Well yes, I was hoping for more than 60% moves correct. If we want to get close to a cup. But as you pointed out, not off to good start

• Haha
Reactions: Redux91

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003
Barron trade not looking good. Gave up solid player not getting nothing back.
True. Wasn't a fan of Baerron at draft year. He had good moments up. But seems to me like a kid who just can't keep it up. He has all the tools. But just can't get them working together.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad