Laval Rocket: Bridgeport Islanders VS Laval Rocket 7EST AHLTV

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
Just trying to let you know it's not about getting 100% of the moves right,

It's about not getting over 60%+ of them wrong like a certain previous GM
It goes beyond that. It's about being able to easily unwind your mistakes when they DO happen because they will.

Reactions: Redux91

Scintillating10

Jun 15, 2012
Nova Scotia
True. Wasn't a fan of Baerron at draft year. He had good moments up. But seems to me like a kid who just can't keep it up. He has all the tools. But just can't get them working together.
He has offensive skill, with 11 goals in 87 NHL games. Nothing to sneeze at. He just can't play defense. I think if paired with left shot Savard type Barron be solid second pairing. Habs are all rookies on left side or Matheson. Who can't play defense also. With 3 right shot rookies to join team in near future, this needs to be addressed.

Reactions: mdk

Scintillating10

Jun 15, 2012
Nova Scotia
You think less than 60% of the trades he's made have been good?

You think less than 60% of the trades he's made have been good?
I think poster meant Bergevin was successfully at 60% of moves. Who did indeed achieve success with trip to finals and another to semis.

I think Bergs achieved success because when he was right he hit it out of the park. Based more on impact of his trades rather than success rate. Some of his moves were among best in franchise history. Danault and Romanov for nil. Arguably team best trade ever. Suzuki and Tatar, with retention on Tater was homerun also. Petry trade was robbery, Ryder trade, Weber trade, Toffoli signing, Perry, Chiarot, it is lengthy list.

Getting back to Hughes, if he's hit 60% success rate you would be flattering him. Got nothing for good players in Toffoli, Lethonen. Pearson was total mistake. Holding onto to Anderson too long collasel mistake. Mesar not looking good. If Hughes at 60% success rate, it would hold him high and dry. To get even to Finals, it's not looking good. Unless he improves.

Boss Man Hughes

Mar 15, 2022
I think poster meant Bergevin was successfully at 60% of moves. Who did indeed achieve success with trip to finals and another to semis.

I think Bergs achieved success because when he was right he hit it out of the park. Based more on impact of his trades rather than success rate. Some of his moves were among best in franchise history. Danault and Romanov for nil. Arguably team best trade ever. Suzuki and Tatar, with retention on Tater was homerun also. Petry trade was robbery, Ryder trade, Weber trade, Toffoli signing, Perry, Chiarot, it is lengthy list.

Getting back to Hughes, if he's hit 60% success rate you would be flattering him. Got nothing for good players in Toffoli, Lethonen. Pearson was total mistake. Holding onto to Anderson too long collasel mistake. Mesar not looking good. If Hughes at 60% success rate, it would hold him high and dry. To get even to Finals, it's not looking good. Unless he improves.
Some of MB's trades were good but there was no underlying plan to them at all. And all of Hugo's moves are good so far. He has done miracles getting rid of worthless turds and there is logic to the majority of them.

Reactions: WeThreeKings

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad