Bridgeport Islanders Discussion 2021-22: Playoffs Start May 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Real JT

No diving allowed
Jul 2, 2018
Connecticut
The Jets roster. Chicken salad or chicken shit?

Chicken shit.

That was an easy one. To my mind, they were both terrible hires. IMO, Gase was only outdone by Rich Kotite in Jets' history mainly due to his subpar people skills.

I guess we'll just agree to disagree.

Last edited:

MJF

Hope is not a strategy
Sep 6, 2003
NYC
Chicken shit.

That was an easy one. To my mind, they were both terrible hires. IMO, Gase was only outdone by Rich Kotite in Jets' history mainly due to his subpar people skills.

I guess we'll just agree to disagree.
That's fair. There are arguments to be on both sides of Brent Thompson as BST's head coach. I'll always fall back on the fact that when I look at the rosters we've had in Bridgeport since 2007, there's been very few forwards where I've thought "that guy should be better than what he's shown". Especially a top-5 pick like Michael Dal Colle, because his skating has been an issue since we drafted him. He's skated well enough to man the power play and get in position to use his shot in a lower level league like the AHL, but he'll always struggle in the NHL. Should that have been on Brent Thompson? Should the organization gotten him power skating lesson in the summer? Who knows what could have been.

MJF

Hope is not a strategy
Sep 6, 2003
NYC
Sound Tigers off to a fast start. Bobo Carpenter scores 2 and change into the game. 1-0 BST over the P-Bruins.
He deflects in a point shot by Grant Hutton.

MJF

Hope is not a strategy
Sep 6, 2003
NYC
Skarek lets one squirt through. Zeck scores on the power play. 1-1

sabremike

Friend To All Giraffes And Lindy Ruff
Aug 30, 2010
Brewster, NY
Is anyone else having issues streaming the game on Roku? I try and stream it but in 15 seconds the feed just crashes but the Bellville-Laval game is streaming with no issues.

BarzyClub

Jan 17, 2018
What a difference in Holmstrom playing on a line with Koivula and Timashov. Much more involved in the offense and had a breakaway chance as he powered in off the wing. Also setup Brown for a nice chance on the PP.

Reactions: Thrasymachus

The Real JT

No diving allowed
Jul 2, 2018
Connecticut
Is anyone else having issues streaming the game on Roku? I try and stream it but in 15 seconds the feed just crashes but the Bellville-Laval game is streaming with no issues.
I was considering buying the streaming package but held off due to reported issues like this.

Don’t forget to send an update on the Belleville-Laval game. :cool:

sabremike

Friend To All Giraffes And Lindy Ruff
Aug 30, 2010
Brewster, NY
I was considering buying the streaming package but held off due to reported issues like this.

Don’t forget to send an update on the Belleville-Laval game. :cool:
It's back to working. Wonder if it was just overloaded for some reason as I've had no problems with any other game.

Edit: Figured out what to do: Click on the away feed option for the game and it works fine (even though it's the same feed).

MJF

Hope is not a strategy
Sep 6, 2003
NYC
Cole Bardreau with the shorty. Bruins goalie skates out of his crease to play the puck up ice and he turned it over to Bardreau who put it in the empty net.

MJF

Hope is not a strategy
Sep 6, 2003
NYC
2-2 at 10:11 of the 2nd. Robert Lantosi PPG. Puts his shoulder down at the right circle and drives to the slot while using a crease battle as a screen.

MJF

Hope is not a strategy
Sep 6, 2003
NYC
Kyle MacLean and AJ Greer work the 2 on 1 shorthanded breakaway. MacLean puts it home. 3-2 BST at 16:48. Two SHGs for the Tigers today.

Reactions: xECK29x

BarzyClub

Jan 17, 2018
Kyle MacLean and AJ Greer work the 2 on 1 shorthanded breakaway. MacLean puts it home. 3-2 BST at 16:48. Two SHGs for the Tigers today.
A game of special teams with Bridgeport scoring 2 ShG and Providence 2-5 on the power play. Let’s see if they can play a full 60 and pull out a their first win.

MJF

Hope is not a strategy
Sep 6, 2003
NYC
Lauko ties it 3-3 at 29 seconds of the 3rd. Bruins get the faceoff, Lauko gets a step on Vande Sompel and beats Skarek from in close.

MJF

Hope is not a strategy
Sep 6, 2003
NYC
A game of special teams with Bridgeport scoring 2 ShG and Providence 2-5 on the power play. Let’s see if they can play a full 60 and pull out a their first win.
Well so much for coming out strong to start the 3rd.

Reactions: BarzyClub

MJF

Hope is not a strategy
Sep 6, 2003
NYC
Cameron Hughes PPG. 4-3 Bruins at 2:10 of the 3rd. Starting to look like last Sunday’s meltdown.

3 PPGs for the Bruins today.

MJF

Hope is not a strategy
Sep 6, 2003
NYC
This loss was the same M.O. as the last game. Played pretty well for the first 40 minutes, then melted down to start the 3rd period and couldn't get a good shot opportunity until more than 10 minutes in. Skarek should have had the first Bruins goal, after that you couldn't fault him as they scored the other 3 from in close.

I thought Bardreau, Mason Jobst, Carpenter, Bode Wilde, Grant Hutton all had strong games. Looking forward to seeing more of him, Wilde, and Samuel Bolduc who was kinda quiet today. No gaffes but no good offensive looks either.

Taswell

Oct 4, 2017
Bridgeport needs a staff enema. Tired of our kids coming up from a losing organization, hurting their confidence.

Rengi

Jan 16, 2007
Bridgeport is having tough opponents with the Providence Bruins who always had their number for the most part, but it is really year after year a black hole for player development. The better developed forwards never touched "The Bridge" that much...

Big L

Grandpa’s Cough Medicine is 180 Proof
Feb 7, 2013
CT
All part of the plan...... to move the ST to Nassau next year?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad