Tribute Brian McGrattan

Tuna99

Sep 26, 2009
Brian McGratton was the most old school hockey player Ottawa has ever dressed. I’m a fan of the player and the man. Loved watching his antics, he worked on his game and improved in Ottawa, but I do feel now the game should move past these limited skill players even if I’d be the first fan to cheer for a Brain McGratton fight

Reactions: ThreeMs

thinkwild

Veni Vidi Toga
Jul 29, 2003
Ottawa
The punch heard around the NHL. That bloody nose he gave Domi ended Domi's career and changed the Sens identity. Having Gratts, Chara, and Neil at the same time was confidence boosting enough for Heatley to say on hnic that no one is scared of the leafs anymore. That was peak Sens

I think Gratts rode shotgun with Spez in junior or the ahl like McSorley with Gretz, and scored 20 goals? He and Neil were actually pretty good hockey players.

That now old time enforcer role Gratts played though, that's gotta be a tough life. Preparing for big fights that your whole team is counting on. Would have driven me to drink probably.

Wish i could watch Rafi's vid, but i guess since i refuse to tell google my bday i cant lol

ChurchOfAlfie

Dec 4, 2016
That now old time enforcer role Gratts played though, that's gotta be a tough life. Preparing for big fights that your whole team is counting on. Would have driven me to drink probably.

Don't know if you're aware of this, but McGrattan did have substance abuse issues. Luckily he's sober now and (last I heard) working with players in Calgary who may be going through personal issues.

dumbdick

Galactic Defender
May 31, 2008
Didnt he basically end the boogeyman's (RIP) career? Or am i remembering that wrong?

Loach

Jun 9, 2021
I used to work at a restaurant in the market. 2006-2007 season. Went out to check what the front looked like because it was a slow night and getting later in the shift. Who strolls in? Comrie, just traded here, McGratten and Emery! Oh boy! They marinated themselves. Lol

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
Here is a compilation I created of Brian McGrattan's fights while he played for the Sens.

McGratton along with Neil were the best two enforcers this team ever had in their history & it was great watching McGratton end Domi's dominance on this team.

Reactions: RAFI BOMB

Senovision

May 23, 2011
And Dennis Vial. He was a tough guy too.242 NHL games 794 PIM. Vial is Drake Batherson's uncle. McGratton was a warrior as well.

Last edited:
Reactions: aragorn

playasRus

Mar 21, 2009
Fun to see the score on a lot of those fights. Basically McGrattan answering the bell when OTT putting the game away and the other teams got testy.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad