News Article: Brian Gibbons Re-Assigned to Wilkes-Barre/Scranton

BlindWillyMcHurt

ti kallisti
May 31, 2004
Oh well. Thanks for that one tantalizing game, fella.

At least Chuck Kobasew is nearly back in action. That sure takes the sting out of losing Bennett for nearly three months, huh guys?

Guys?

Will Hunting

Immortal Adams
Dec 14, 2011
European Union
Love me some Chuck Kobasew. Hopefully he can find a fantastic chemistry with Matt D´Agostini when he´s finally back. That´s a way to go. No need for Megna and Gibbons. Yeah!

Shady Machine

Aug 6, 2010
Yeah I'm starting to add Sutter to the list of centers I feel bad for on this team. I'm sure he loves playing a with a different WBS player every few games, then getting Gladams on his wing. He needs some stability if we expect him to be successful.

Will Hunting

Immortal Adams
Dec 14, 2011
European Union
Yeah I'm starting to add Sutter to the list of centers I feel bad for on this team. I'm sure he loves playing a with a different WBS player every few games, then getting Gladams on his wing. He needs some stability if we expect him to be successful.
Good point. I feel really bad for Sutter quite some time.. Poor kid. His game is fine in general, it´s not easy to make more than that in his situation.

wgknestrick

Aug 14, 2012
http://www.behindthenet.ca/nhl_statistics.php?ds=20&f1=2013_s&f2=5v5&f5=PIT&c=0+1+3+5+17+18+19+20

Just so we all understand. HCDB just sent 2 forwards who are currently scoring the most 5v5 points/min played back to WBS. Did they not perform? What is the STANDARD?

pittsburgh_steelers_the_standardisthe_standard-r5b109155603447d0b38ea014c00305e4_va6lr_512.jpg

Sure, I don't expect them (Gibbons/Megna) to continue that pace, but WTF? I know the Pens are just banking in the points this month averaging a single point/game (and would be out of the playoffs in the west), but come on. PLAY YOUR BEST PLAYERS! It's not even a tough decision. What else do these guys have to do to prove they belong?

Ridiculous that Engo, Dags, and Adams are still playing while players who have demonstrated to be superior are sent packing.

SEALBound

Fancy Gina Carano
Sponsor
Jun 13, 2010
Kobasew-Sutter-D'Agostini.

Not quite what I had envisioned for our third line. 4th line maybe.

Speaking Moistly

What a terrible image.
Feb 19, 2013
Injured Reserve

I feel sorry for so many players on this team.

Crosby - KCD
Kunitz - Also gets Dupuis'd
Sutter - The unseen sufferer
Vitale - Gladams
Bennett - Bylsma loath and injured
Maatta - Letang's babysitter
Martin - Orpik's babysitter
Bortuzzo - Bylsma no like
Fleury - the victim of the ****ed up roster when Dan really gets to it
The call ups that performed but it didn't matter.
Scuderi and Vokoun - injured; Letang's future keeper and Fleury's safety net

Malkin may have JMN but at least there's Neal and Jokinen doesn't have the hands of an arthritic double amputee.

Even Kobasew got screwed over when Bylsma took forever to acknowledge that he shouldn't be on the 2nd line, and Engelland who looked so much better as a forward but Bylsma won't put him back there. Most of the roster is a victim in some way at this point, most of them because of Bylsma

Jag68Sid87

Sullivan gots to go!
Oct 1, 2003
Montreal, QC
I like Gibbons. I suspect he'd be a better center than winger in the NHL. I don't see why he couldn't carve out a niche here as a third or fourth liner...or even as a 13th forward.

Well, I DO see why but under NORMAL circumstances, with a DIFFERENT regime, he could do that.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad