Brian Finley's having a great season

Status
Not open for further replies.

SmokeyClause

Feb 27, 2002
Miami, FL
Visit site
Well, actually it's more like a great half season. He started off the year slow, but in his past 17 games, he's 15-2 including a 14 game winning streak with a save percentage over .94 and a GAA of 1.7 during this streak. Just thought I would give this former franchise goalie a plug.

Oh and he platoons as the Admirals starting goalie. He and Flaherty share the job as the Preds are trying to ease Finley (and his groin) in to starting. That 17 games is over several months.

Reign Nateo

Apr 28, 2003
Canada
Visit site
Nice to hear. This kid was supposed to be a number 1 goalie in this league easily, however it looks to be more of a struggle than most anticipated. Good to see him climb out of the depths of prospect obscurity and hopefully give Nashville a goaltending option in the future.

BLACKBURN

Feb 17, 2003
London
Visit site
Why has this guy taken so long. I remember vaguely severe injuries and not many games played in past seasons. Is he getting physically better? I hate it when inuries derail kids careers, like poor ol' Kloucek :mad:

nomorekids

The original, baby
Feb 28, 2003
Nashville, TN
www.twitter.com
BLACKBURN said:
Why has this guy taken so long. I remember vaguely severe injuries and not many games played in past seasons. Is he getting physically better? I hate it when inuries derail kids careers, like poor ol' Kloucek :mad:

really, it was just one injury...but it made him miss his entire last year of junior, which was crucial. however, he seems to have made a full recovery. he still has some of the problems young goaltenders suffer from...in terms of shaking off a bad goal and recovering...but when he's on...he's VERY on. he's also gotten quite a bit bigger. the last stat i looked at had him at almost 6'4. i think he'll get another year in milwaukee, this time as the full time starter..and then he'll move into a backup role behind tomas vokoun. a lot of milwaukee fans credit his development to Wade Flaherty, actually. while the guy is a joke at the NHL level, he's one of the better goalies in the AHL and has apparently mentored Brian the entire season, and Brian has acknowledged many times how much wade has taught him\helped his confidence.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad