Player Discussion: Brian Elliott

Hoek

Legendary Poster A
May 12, 2003
Tampa, FL
He gives this team a chance most nights and that's all you can expect from a backup (at least one that's not a highly regarded prospect like Vasi was). Keep it up, Moose!

FinnLightning26

Death and no taxes
Sep 16, 2007
Lapland
He gives this team a chance most nights and that's all you can expect from a backup (at least one that's not a highly regarded prospect like Vasi was). Keep it up, Moose!
Yeah, his numbers so far this season aren't great but he's won five of his six games which is more than good enough. I'd say he's better than the backups we had before (Budaj, Domingue and McElhinney) and he's dirt cheap.

Ducati Boy

HF Original
Feb 7, 2018
His locker stall already has ‘Hugo’ written on it.

Last edited:

Hoek

Legendary Poster A
May 12, 2003
Tampa, FL
Hugo isn't ready. It'll be another old fart. Hopefully only a one year deal. These guys always suck in their second year.

Major4Boarding

Unfamiliar Moderator
Jan 30, 2009
South of Heaven
For the past week I’ve been crunching data, running numbers, going through about six or seven attempts over on Capfriendly to make a roster and I keep coming back to one netminder

Anthony Stolarz

I know he just had arthroscopic knee surgery last month but I’m thinking Anaheim may not resign him and if they don’t I’m hoping we can make an offer. Him or Collin Delia.

Only other way to fix it is to trade for a younger one.

Reactions: Meuracas and Hoek

DrMartinVanNostrand

Kramerica Industries
Oct 6, 2017
Tampa, FL
Hugo isn't ready. It'll be another old fart. Hopefully only a one year deal. These guys always suck in their second year.

Yep. McElhinney was serviceable in 2019-'20, then fell off a cliff in 2021. Elliott was serviceable last year, and has fallen off a cliff this year. Can't be surprised when these dinosaurs wash up over night.

JoVel

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2017
For the past week I’ve been crunching data, running numbers, going through about six or seven attempts over on Capfriendly to make a roster and I keep coming back to one netminder

Anthony Stolarz

I know he just had arthroscopic knee surgery last month but I’m thinking Anaheim may not resign him and if they don’t I’m hoping we can make an offer. Him or Collin Delia.

Only other way to fix it is to trade for a younger one.
This or try to find a goalie from Europe who looks like he could have upside. As long as it's not anyone in his late 30s again who's gonna fall off the cliff at any time.

Reactions: Hoek and Meuracas

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad