Injury Report: Brian Elliott placed on IR (Re-evaluated in 4 weeks)

PiggySmalls

Oink Oink MF
Mar 7, 2015
Damn this really sucks. After all he did.

On the bright side, we get to watch Allen play ~16+ straight games and then when Elliott comes back for playoffs, we get to have another 10 page thread over who should be starting, HAHA!!!

BlueDream

Aug 30, 2011
Just ridiculous. Hopefully Pietrangelo comes back soon.

We do need to get a look at Copley.

The bad thing for Elliott is though, this basically allows the Blues to easily make Allen their guy again, just like last year.

MissouriMook

Still just a Mook among men
Sponsor
Jul 4, 2014
I'm curious as to why the put Elliott on LTIR but Steen on IR, even though both are expected to be "re-evaluated in 4 weeks." I think the LTIR designation to free up cap space requires that a player miss 21 days or 10 games, whichever is longer, but both milestones are expected to be met by both players so I'm not sure why there is a difference. Having Steen's $5.8M off the books for 4 weeks would seem to be helpful if we're looking to add help by next Monday, no?

Dbrownss

Jan 5, 2014
This TDL can't come and pass fast enough. Outside of Drouin I hope we do absolutely nothing. Hell, given what the deal is, we can still make that deal after the TDL if Drouin isn't a playoff hope

PiggySmalls

Oink Oink MF
Mar 7, 2015
this basically allows the Blues to easily make Allen their guy again, just like last year.

tcy19.jpg

2 Minute Minor

Hi Keeba!
Jun 3, 2008
Temple, Texas
I'm curious as to why the put Elliott on LTIR but Steen on IR, even though both are expected to be "re-evaluated in 4 weeks." I think the LTIR designation to free up cap space requires that a player miss 21 days or 10 games, whichever is longer, but both milestones are expected to be met by both players so I'm not sure why there is a difference. Having Steen's $5.8M off the books for 4 weeks would seem to be helpful if we're looking to add help by next Monday, no?

Maybe Steen could come back sooner? Maybe Elliott has a more firm time table of rest required?

Can a player on LTIR practice with the team? (Or is there any difference in that regard?)

Alklha

Sep 7, 2011

There is no reason to put Steen on LTIR. We can't exceed the cap by close to that amount and get back under when we activate him.

Elliott is different. The fact we've lost another player means we need more cap space, and we could find ourselves in a position where we need to go over the cap by more than the $2.6m that Ott's LTIR status affords us, and still manage to get back under when everyone is healthy.

TheDizee

Trade Jordan Kyrou ASAP | ALWAYS RIGHT
Apr 5, 2014
blues dont need to trade for a goalie. what they need is for allen to get the rust off because dont forget he was playing better than elliott was here for this stretch. get the rust off and get him feeling good.

2 Minute Minor

Hi Keeba!
Jun 3, 2008
Temple, Texas
Seems unwise to play Allen that heavily immediately after an injury. Copley needs a start or two mixed in there. These aren't elimination games, so even if he isn't ready its not the end of the world.

Where's Jeff Tyni when you need him?

TomDelonge

Apr 28, 2009
Boulder, CO
blues dont need to trade for a goalie. what they need is for allen to get the rust off because dont forget he was playing better than elliott was here for this stretch. get the rust off and get him feeling good.

This just isn't true. The stats don't back it up, and neither does your bias of Allen over Elliot. It is sad because you seem like an informed poster whose opinion isn't going to be worth squat to anybody on this board pretty soon if you keep it up.

With that said, I hope Allen continues his great play from earlier this season and the bad luck doesn't continue with injuries. The hoping that we got the injuries out of the way early in the year didn't work out so well for us last year. However, this team does seem to have a different mental make up this year. Guess we will see.

dRange44

Jun 2, 2012
This just isn't true. The stats don't back it up, and neither does your bias of Allen over Elliot. It is sad because you seem like an informed poster whose opinion isn't going to be worth squat to anybody on this board pretty soon if you keep it up.

With that said, I hope Allen continues his great play from earlier this season and the bad luck doesn't continue with injuries. The hoping that we got the injuries out of the way early in the year didn't work out so well for us last year. However, this team does seem to have a different mental make up this year. Guess we will see.

Allen would've been an all star if he never got hurt, so he was doing great.

I understand your point, but no one is being biased. Allen is a good goalie. Some of us feel more comfortable with him. It is what it is. No need to call someone uninformed over it.

TomDelonge

Apr 28, 2009
Boulder, CO

I understand your point, but no one is being biased. Allen is a good goalie. Some of us feel more comfortable with him. It is what it is. No need to call someone uninformed over it.

1. I said he was informed, not uninformed.

2. This poster has shown a clear bias in multiple threads of favoring Allen over Elliot, beyond that of just having a typical preference of one goalie over the other.

Also to the bolded, while I acknowledge that Allen had some fantastic play, he was not in any way guaranteeing himself to be an all star. I do hope as a blues fan he keeps up that fantastic play from earlier this year.

TheDizee

Apr 5, 2014

i agree, allen was a all star goalie before he got hurt, not that means much TBH but he was having a very nice season. hes still top 5 in the league in shutouts after missing a month and a half. as good as elliott has played (and he carried the team here for 2+ weeks), allen was better. and now he has the chance to prove it again. looking forward to watching jake run away with the starting job again.

2 Minute Minor

Hi Keeba!
Jun 3, 2008
Temple, Texas
i agree, allen was a all star goalie before he got hurt, not that means much TBH but he was having a very nice season. hes still top 5 in the league in shutouts after missing a month and a half. as good as elliott has played (and he carried the team here for 2+ weeks), allen was better. and now he has the chance to prove it again. looking forward to watching jake run away with the starting job again.

I'm more invested in the Blues winning than in Allen starting, but for you I'm pretty sure it's the other way around.

TheDizee

Apr 5, 2014
I'm more invested in the Blues winning than in Allen starting, but for you I'm pretty sure it's the other way around.

hmmm think i said the same thing about all the people drooling over elliott in the other thread

2 Minute Minor

Hi Keeba!
Jun 3, 2008
Temple, Texas
hmmm think i said the same thing about all the people drooling over elliott in the other thread

Except you're hallucinating that level of Elliott partisanship. I don't have a dog in the goalie fight, I like both guys. I just want the Blues to succeed. You stand apart on this forum with your incessant hyperpartisan views on Allen. You did it last year, but have been quiet a portion of this year. The mask is off again.

You subvert your own arguments when you sacrifice your credibility by sounding less and less objective.

Borderbluesfan

Nov 14, 2011
Columbia, Missouri
Not really worried about our goaltending. Allen was solid to start the season and then Elliott was nothing less than outstanding when called upon. Elliott is now out and I expect Allen to come back and play as a starting goalie. I still think we are harder hit with Steen being hurt. Blues should limp into the playoffs and if they get everyone back can possibly do a serious run in the playoffs if they can learn how to get past the first couple of rounds.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad