Injury Report: Brian Elliott placed on IR (Re-evaluated in 4 weeks)

Dbrownss

Jan 5, 2014
Absolutely unbelievable.....

If there are hockey gods, they are trying really hard to send message

HappyGilmore

May 5, 2015
Relax, guys. As long as the team is fully healty before playoffs, then we're good. The extra rest might also turn out to be a blessing.

Alklha

Sep 7, 2011
I wonder if this forces us to bring in another goalie. Can we really have the season riding on Allen staying healthy? Unless we are 100% sure that Elliott is back for the playoffs, I wouldn't be surprised if Armstrong sees what is out there.

Vladdy the Impaler

Moar Sobotka
Feb 20, 2015
The Lou
tUN3GNS.jpg

elkranio

Jan 4, 2014
As I was saying two years ago: we need to sacrifice something big time. Or someone.

TheOrganist

Don't Call Him Alex
Feb 21, 2006
Relax, guys. As long as the team is fully healty before playoffs, then we're good. The extra rest might also turn out to be a blessing.

It's going to be very difficult to win the division (despite our recent history home-ice certainly matters, especially against Chicago) if injuries keep piling up but Petro should be back soon and I agree that nothing catastrophic has happened to this point.

2 Minute Minor

Hi Keeba!
Jun 3, 2008
Temple, Texas
I think the team is going to need to work Copley or Binnington in for a start or two. It doesn't seem wise to have Allen shoulder such a heavy work-load when he is coming back from his own injury. Maybe they end up losing a couple games they'd have otherwise won, but that would be better than having Allen re-aggravate something and suddenly be up the creek.

As frustrating and abundant as the injury train has been, so far everyone should be good to go by the playoffs. I wonder what that would be like, to get the whole roster back a week or so before the end of the season. I honestly have no idea what to expect from this team, but at least they're comfortably in a playoff spot and not mucking around with Colorado and Minnesota for the last spot.

Apr 30, 2012
St. Louis, MO
Despite my complaints about the coaching staff, I have to give them some credit for doing a heck of a job keeping this team in contention with such an astounding amount of injuries to key players.

Alklha

Sep 7, 2011
The only reason to even think about acquiring a goalie is if we don't think Elliott will be back before the playoffs.

If Elliott is going to be healthy by April, you go with Allen and Copley/Binnington between now and then. If anything happens to Allen, we can trade for someone after the deadline, knowing Elliott will be back for the playoffs.

Oberyn

Prince of Dorne
Mar 27, 2011
Do we even need to acquire a goalie? Elliott will be back before the playoffs and this is as good a time as ever to see what we have in Copley if he needs to play a couple games.

HappyGilmore

May 5, 2015
It's going to be very difficult to win the division (despite our recent history home-ice certainly matters, especially against Chicago) if injuries keep piling up but Petro should be back soon and I agree that nothing catastrophic has happened to this point.

I'm not overly concerned with winning the division. Maybe the Blues need something different this time around, and Chicago will probably take it leaving St. Louis and Dallas with 2nd and 3rd, which is a perfectly fine matchup for round 1.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad