Rumor: Brian Compton - Ladd to Isles

Status
Not open for further replies.

GTislanders

Jan 9, 2014
As per Brian Compton of NHL.com he expects Ladd to sign with the isles at 12:01 tomorrow. Tongue in cheek maybe, but sounds like a done deal. He's spending the night on Long Island and is good friends with Doug Weight.

Not sure how I feel about it.

cheeeko

Sep 20, 2012
Halifax, NS
I think he'll be a good fit. Won't put the team over the top, but a good fit. Part of me wanted Ladd in Toronto!

Samuel Culper III

Mr. Woodhull...
Jan 15, 2007
Texas
Probably looks nice on JT's wing. Don't feel strongly about it one way or the other. Despite being a Rangers fan I grew up with the Isles in my backyard too. Now that I live in Texas I want to see the Islanders do well. If the numbers are solid it's a sound signing. Not something that gets me excited but not something that repels me either.

boredmale

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 13, 2005
Straight-Outta-Compton_09-07-2015.jpg

CodeE

step on snek
Dec 20, 2007
Los Angeles, CA
Happy to sign one of the big name UFA forwards, but what's the term and cap hit?

Wouldn't be surprised if Ladd gets an A on his jersey right off the bat, with Hamonic getting the other one.

SI90

Jul 25, 2011
StrongIsland
And Arthur Staple saying Okposo to the Sabres is his guess.

It sounds like Okposo has chosen a team. Buf would make sense. They have the money and Stamkos is no longer availible. Also, Okposo and his wife are really close with Moulson and his wife.

hockeykicker

Dec 3, 2014
exact quote: "i am going out on a limb and say he will sign with isles at 12:01"

its at 1:35 for those looking in link

GTislanders

Jan 9, 2014
Who needs RWs right, we can just fill that position with a bunch of left wings and centers

Easy bud. I'm not even sure I'm understanding why we can't pay Okposo but we can pay Ladd. Lucic was a suggestion but my point is Ladd alone doesn't work.

Syckle78

Nov 5, 2011
Redford, MI
It sounds like Okposo has chosen a team. Buf would make sense. They have the money and Stamkos is no longer availible. Also, Okposo and his wife are really close with Moulson and his wife.

Makes more sense than stammer. Stamkos to buffalo or Toronto never made sense.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad