Brian Burke Presser at 12:00

Status
Not open for further replies.

UFancyHuh

May 29, 2008
Lost
tumblr_ljh0puClWT1qfkt17.gif

MapleLeafGardens*

So Burkie's big EGO has to hold a press conference to tell us all how butt hurt he is after getting fired huh lol?

I couldn't give a rats ass i just wish this arrogant bombastic buffoon would ride out of town on a southbound jackass already.

Suck it up Burkie your bully persona schtick wore out it's welcome you sucked as a Leafs GM and deservedly got canned.

KuleminFan41

Jan 5, 2009
So Burke's big EGO has to hold a press conference to tell us all how butt hurt he is after getting fired huh lol?

I couldn't give a rats ass i just wish this arrogant bombastic buffoon would ride out of town on a southbound jackass already.

Suck it up Burkie your bully persona schtick wore out it's welcome you sucked as a Leafs GM and got canned.
Calm down and don't jump to conclusions

Transplanted Caper

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2003
So Burkie's big EGO has to hold a press conference to tell us all how butt hurt he is after getting fired huh lol?

Suck it up Burkie your bully persona schtick wore out it's welcome you sucked as a Leafs GM and deservedly got canned.

Ferguson held one too, IIRC.

phillipmike

Oct 27, 2009

Wow cant be more uninformed.

Burke does not call press conferences, the team does.

But since he is STAYING on with the team so a press conference is needed and as a result helpful. There has not been many cases where the GM gets fired and asks to stay on as an adviser to help the team. So to explain his role it was good on MLSE to allow him to formally address the media.

RaskY

GLG
Dec 26, 2011
Should be interesting. I'm expecting him to be gracious and respectful of the Leafs organization...

OddyOh

Really, Healy?
Aug 18, 2010
Regina, SK
TSN will stream this as well...they're streaming everything lately, I love it.

Also on TSN2 for those so inclined.

BillyD

JUST WIN BABY
Jun 23, 2009
Nope.

He will thank the Leafs organization
Wish Nonis the best of luck, say he will support him.
Will say he feels he left the Leafs in good shape..

He will not slander MLSE.

got to agree, the hint is he's chosen to speak at the ACC

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
I'm guessing everyone will Televise it? Leaftv?

Dreakmur

Mar 25, 2008
Orillia, Ontario
I'm expecting him to be gracious and respectful

Probably, but I'm still hoping for an explosion :naughty:

MLSE wouldn't call the press conference if they thought Burke would go wild. On the other hand, if Burke could have been gracious and respectful, he'd probably still have his GM position. If he couldn't swallow his pride to keep his GM job, what makes people think he'd do it to keep an advisor position?

Todd Skill

Feb 17, 2012
Burke will be 90% respectful and 10% tooting of his own horn about successes. The only chance for fireworks is if someone sets him off in the Q&A (and still slim).

Also I thought it was 11am.... It's definitely noon?

MapleLeafGardens*

Make no mistake about it Burke disrespected and pissed off a lot of people in the media here in Toronto when he was running the Leafs don't be surprised if there's some payback for the bellicose big bully at his farewell presser and questions are asked to try to push his buttons would love to see it.:laugh:

Felstead

Boss Status
Feb 7, 2011
Ontario, Canada
Say what you want about burke, he did way more good then bad for this organization. He came in a class act and he will leave this presser the same way.

I can't wait til were talking about our draft picks in a couple years and people wonder who the credit goes to... Burke.

Needless to say. I am excited to see what Nonis can bring and do for the leafs.

Koolboss

Jul 4, 2011
Toronto
See ya Burk join your unemployed buddy Wilson and think about the dumb ass decisions you two made while running this organization.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad