Player Discussion Brett Ritchie

Status
Not open for further replies.

bruins repeat time

Apr 13, 2012
burlington ont canad
You think so? I see him not really taking shifts off and playing hard when he's out there. Maybe I should have said hustle rather than energy. Either way, he brings about what you expect from the guy- 4th line defensive forward and solid PKing. Ritchie fails to meet expectations because those expectations are built off flashes and glimpses of what he could be if he put it all together.

I have to agree . To me I am happy with Lindholm . He comes as advertised. Very responsible smart player .

Number8

Oct 31, 2007
I have no issues with Ritchie. He’s not what is wrong with this team right now.

HOWEVER I do know that it’s highly unlikely we are going to get much out of a lineup with Ritchie as a starting wing on your second line.

BadBruins

Aug 10, 2005
PEI
He does everything better than Backes IMO. Not a top-6 RW though. Like Lindholm, 13th forward. Wouldn't miss a beat if he had to fill in for Wagner on the 4th line.......

Pay Carl

punished “venom” krejci
Jun 23, 2011
Vermont
He does everything better than Backes IMO. Not a top-6 RW though. Like Lindholm, 13th forward. Wouldn't miss a beat if he had to fill in for Wagner on the 4th line.......

So if he does everything .01% better than Backes does that justify wasting cap space on him?

That’s the Sweeney logic. Like we’ve already dumped 6 mil into Backes a year. What’s the point of trying to sign some guys that are going to be marginally better to just waste more of the cap space

You already made the mistake of the Backes contract. No need to make it a worse and double down to try to get some player that’ll be marginally better. Just wasting money

The National

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2017
Los Angeles
I can’t stand Ritchie and think he’s a waste of a roster spot.

But theres bigger issues with the team right now than him and his minimum cap hit. And if those issues get addressed we won’t see much of Ritchie anyway.

Hoping DS makes some moves for some actual secondary scoring and Ritchie can turn into a 4th line fill in where he belongs.

Would love to see him play a tougher more aggressive game, but would like that from our other 4th liners as well so he’ll fit right in.

Mick Riddleton

“A day without sunshine is like, you know, night.”
Apr 24, 2017
Niagara
Ritchie is not better then anyone on the 4th line at this time. He is an AHL player journeyman. Lindholm is a better option for the 4th line at least he is center and can do the PK. Ritchies cap hit is not the problem, its his lack of NHL skill set in every category that screams AHL.

Sheppy

Nov 23, 2011
The Arctic
Ritchie is not better then anyone on the 4th line at this time. He is an AHL player journeyman. Lindholm is a better option for the 4th line at least he is center and can do the PK. Ritchies cap hit is not the problem, its his lack of NHL skill set in every category that screams AHL.
Par Lindholm isn’t good, either. He’s not a good faceoff guy, is an offensive black hole. The bruins have enough penalty killers.

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
how about Kuraly taking a seat upstairs for a few games? His play has been far more putrid than Ritchie`s this year, it ain`t BR`s fault he`s on the 2nd line, the guy has done nothing to warrant the hate he gets here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad