Value of: Brett Ritchie (Dallas)

Dr Pepper

Dec 9, 2005
Sunny Etobicoke
Well they definitely should....whether or not they will is another story. :help:

Can't imagine he'd fetch a very large return, either. Similar bottom 6er or early pick.

Canuck86

Feb 12, 2014
Kelowna
Canucks should have interest in a bottom 6 forward with size. Ideally they would send back a bottom 6 forward in return vs sending a draft pick.

Or make a bigger deal to include Honka with Ritchie?

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
He's free. Take him please.

Finally Monty has realized how bad he is too lol he's a healthy scratch just about every game now

Just give us a late pick. We don't need or have room for anymore bottom 6 guys

LT

Global Moderator
Jul 23, 2010
I hope we waive him soon. Unfortunately there's some kind of fascination with him in our front office.

I'd take anything for him. No clue what Nill would want, though.

Reactions: Kcb12345

OVO16

#WeTheNorth
Apr 16, 2017
Leafs could use some size and grit on the bottom 6. But stars fans claim he's trash now so idk

LT

Global Moderator
Jul 23, 2010
Leafs could use some size and grit on the bottom 6. But stars fans claim he's trash now so idk

I don't know that I'd call him trash, despite my negativity toward him above.

He certainly is physical and puts up alright numbers for a 4th liner. His hands are pretty terrible, though, and his skating is awful. I think he would've been a much better NHL player if he broke into the league a decade earlier.

He's also struggled a lot this season, but so have several of our usually reliable forwards. I'd imagine a third coaching system in as many years is a big factor in that. He may benefit from a change of scenery, but I wouldn't expect him to suddenly explode offensively or anything. He's probably good for about 10 goals and 20 points in a good year while bringing a solid physical element to the game.

LT

Global Moderator
Jul 23, 2010
canucks send Leipsic. He can be your 13/14th F and saves you 1.1m against the cap

We'd much rather just get a pick. We have plenty of low-end forward depth as is, and more is on the way in the next year or two (Hanzal, Gurianov, Robertson, Mascherin, and any FA signings we make).

Canuck86

Feb 12, 2014
Kelowna
We'd much rather just get a pick. We have plenty of low-end forward depth as is, and more is on the way in the next year or two (Hanzal, Gurianov, Robertson, Mascherin, and any FA signings we make).

id send a 2020 7th round pick, becomes a 6th if he plays more than 20 nhl games for us this year

serp

Jan 17, 2016
Any midround pick and you have yourself a deal . Probably a lower pick would do the trick for me too . He doesn't fit in Dallas and hasn't for years . Hasn't exactly been doing himself any favors when he was in the lineup either.

MinimaMoralia

May 1, 2015
Matt Benning, Ty Rattie and a conditional 5th for Ritchie and Honka?

Shake up the plugs.

Last edited:

AveryStar4Eva

Aug 28, 2014
Matt Benning, Ty Rattie and a conditional 5th for Ritchie and Honka?

Shake up the plugs.

Don’t hate it, but Benning has a second year on his contract at 1.900. I’d rather just hang onto these two, either trade Ritchie for a pick or let him walk. For Honka we can just give him a cheap contract at the end of the year.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad