Value of: Brett Pesce

Halla

Jan 28, 2016
cant see him being available with hamilton out...unless someone overpaid something silly.

Big Daddy Cane

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 8, 2010
Western PA
I think you have to at least give him consideration as a true top pairing type (#2) the way he's been playing and who he's been playing with (Edmundson/Gardiner). Who leads Carolina in EVTOI since Hamilton's injury? It's Pesce.

Interested teams are 14 months too late. Carolina was rumored to be pursuing Brodin pre-Hamilton injury. That should tell you everything you need to know about the Canes' needs at this point. He's gone from potentially expendable for the right player in a similar value tier (Nylander) to unavailable for anything realistic.

Ciao

Jul 15, 2010
Toronto
So, I guess Carolina wouldn't trade Brett Pesce for God.

How about God and a second-round pick?

Reactions: Tryamw

The S5

Jul 27, 2017
Leafs should have done everything possible to get this guy last year, although I doubt the Canes made him available for anything less than a kings ransom.
Guy is a top pair shutdown D on a beauty contract. What's that worth?

slimbob8

Aug 11, 2016
Leafs should have done everything possible to get this guy last year, although I doubt the Canes made him available for anything less than a kings ransom.
Guy is a top pair shutdown D on a beauty contract. What's that worth?

They probably did. But I imagine the convo went exactly how everyone had been speculating for a long time: Leafs not willing to give up the main piece Carolina would accept (Nylander) and Carolina not willing to accept the main piece Leafs were offering (Kapanen). Carolina has no reason to move Pesce (and rightfully so).

GoldiFox

Apr 21, 2014
Pesce is signed at $4 million for 4.5 more years, can slot in LD and RD equally well, and plays a style of hockey that is optimal for the Playoffs. He's a core piece for the Canes and worth more to them than anyone here would want to send back in a trade.

Liferleafer

TSN Scrum Lurker
Feb 9, 2011
Pesce is signed at $4 million for 4.5 more years, can slot in LD and RD equally well, and plays a style of hockey that is optimal for the Playoffs. He's a core piece for the Canes and worth more to them than anyone here would want to send back in a trade.
Ya ya....rub it in...

Walks away grumbling.....

GIN ANTONIC

Aug 19, 2007
Toronto, ON
If the ask was nylander then you know why he's not a leaf not worth that much

He probably is to be honest and depending on team need maybe even more. I can see why the Leafs wouldn’t make that trade based on optics but Pesces play and contract make him an extremely valuable asset. A winger like Nylander, while good, is a lot easier to find at his current salary.

Willy is having a great season though so I’m sure leafs are fine with not doing it as are the Canes.

Reactions: Tryamw

Ad

Upcoming events

• Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $354.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Cádiz vs Mallorca
    Cádiz vs Mallorca
    Wagers: 3