Brett Pesce or Matt Dumba

Porter Stoutheart

We Got Wood
Jun 14, 2017
Well, the Philly DeAngelo buyout is kind of an interesting twist on the whole Pesce/Karlsson scenario... maybe? I always wondered WTF Carolina would want DeAngelo for, anyway. Over the last few weeks, we just kind of tacitly assumed they already had a trade in place for him. But if they did, it has now been yanked!

Does that mean they think there is still a way to get Karlsson? Does that mean we could still weaponize Cap space and walk away with Pesce?
:dunno:

nine_inch_fang

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 8, 2004
Nashville
I don't care if he is the Captain, if I'm the coach or the GM I'd be damned if any player dictated to me who or where they played. They could get the heck out of dodge if that's what they think.

I think those kinds of privileges came with the Country Club membership card?

Maybe that has been revoked now, we can hope!

It seemed that Hynes was trying to do just that when he first came here but as the push back from the players continued it just became a toxic type relationship and shit spiraled with no way to move on from the situation.

Trotz has found a way out of the situation that Poile never would have. Poile may have fired Hynes but never would have blown up the CC like Trotz has.

Reactions: Porter Stoutheart

ShagDaddy

Nov 24, 2021
The Boro
I wonder how much Josi will still be allowed to dictate things? I get the feeling he was given more than a little leeway in the past to choose his own partner. He wanted Ellis. For some bizarre reason, when they obviously clashed as player types. Maybe he decided he didn't want Fabbro, even after that big year? Which the Hynes/Poile duo might just have gone along with and tried their various "Fails" to accede to Josi's wishes?

Fabbro obviously worked well with him. But given how far out of the way the team went to avoid reuniting them last season, I suspect it would be a little naive to hope for any change on that front. :(
Where did you get this information?

Porter Stoutheart

We Got Wood
Jun 14, 2017
It seemed that Hynes was trying to do just that when he first came here but as the push back from the players continued it just became a toxic type relationship and shit spiraled with no way to move on from the situation.

Trotz has found a way out of the situation that Poile never would have. Poile may have fired Hynes but never would have blown up the CC like Trotz has.
Yeah, the buyouts and retention were NEVER on our radar with Poile. We sometimes thought that might just be an ownership/financial thing. Now we know it wasn't.

Where did you get this information?
:huh: Do you honestly think it is presented as "information"??? I mean, c'mon... :huh:

ShagDaddy

Nov 24, 2021
The Boro
Yeah, the buyouts and retention were NEVER on our radar with Poile. We sometimes thought that might just be an ownership/financial thing. Now we know it wasn't.

:huh: Do you honestly think it is presented as "information"??? I mean, c'mon... :huh:
So it’s conjecture? Trying to understand where it came from.

AintLifeGrand

Burnin Jet-A
Apr 8, 2009
GreatestSnowOnEarth
Weren't you always clamoring for us to sign Evander Kane? :huh:
im not trying to get into politics but if you must know, go research his disrespectful and tasteless anthem kneeling antics

Well, the Philly DeAngelo buyout is kind of an interesting twist on the whole Pesce/Karlsson scenario... maybe? I always wondered WTF Carolina would want DeAngelo for, anyway. Over the last few weeks, we just kind of tacitly assumed they already had a trade in place for him. But if they did, it has now been yanked!

Does that mean they think there is still a way to get Karlsson? Does that mean we could still weaponize Cap space and walk away with Pesce?
:dunno:
would love DeAngelo on the squad

Bringer of Jollity

Oct 20, 2011
Fontana, CA
im not trying to get into politics but if you must know, go research his disrespectful and tasteless anthem kneeling antics

So a Canadian guy using his platform to "protest racial inequality" by kneeling for the national anthem (and was supported by other players and teammates in this) is a worse character than the guy with multiple allegations of assault, severe gambling issues, abandonment of his wife/child, asking partners to have abortions, violating team protocols, etc...?

Reactions: adsfan

Porter Stoutheart

We Got Wood
Jun 14, 2017
You would love Tony DeAngelo and his... universally acknowledged abrasively self-centered attitude... on our hockey team? :rolleyes: I mean, this would basically be so diametrically opposed to everything Trotz has ever said that I can't imagine how you could reconcile that desire with cheering for what Barry Trotz stands for? :huh:

So it’s conjecture? Trying to understand where it came from.
Ok, so you are new to the internet and to these kinds of forums. I apologize for thinking you might know what this is all about. We are a bunch of hockey geeks here, posting random stuff pulled out of our own posteriors. All of us. All the time. There is nothing posted here, ever, that comes from anywhere but our own cavernous bowels. Once you can accept that, welcome! :dunno:

Bringer of Jollity

Oct 20, 2011
Fontana, CA
Ok, so you are new to the internet and to these kinds of forums. I apologize for thinking you might know what this is all about. We are a bunch of hockey geeks here, posting random stuff pulled out of our own posteriors. All of us. All the time. There is nothing posted here, ever, that comes from anywhere but our own cavernous bowels. Once you can accept that, welcome! :dunno:
He asked a clarifying question that seemed in good faith. This is unnecessary.

• Haha

Porter Stoutheart

We Got Wood
Jun 14, 2017
It’s all good.

It’s replies like this that help me separate the people that provide good knowledgeable input to the conversation and the people that are clueless and just make $h!t up.
EVERYBODY here just makes shit up. If you think you don't, you are just fooling yourself! :thumbu:

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: ShagDaddy

Armourboy

Hey! You suck!
Jan 20, 2014
Shelbyville, TN
It’s all good.

It’s replies like this that help me separate the people that provide good knowledgeable input to the conversation and the people that are clueless and just make $h!t up.
For what it's worth its a notion that has been around for a while in rumors, and has kind of been backed up by different moves and events over the years.

Him and Ellis were tied at the hip, now some of that may have been because Ekholm and Subban worked pretty well together, but up until the moment he was traded he was always Josi's partner. Then you get into odd ball stuff like him having the best season of his career with Fabbro and then Fabbro being everywhere but with Josi and you start to ponder was it just Hynes or did Josi not really want to play with him?

Unless someone like Hynes comes out and confirms it, which he will never do, no one really can have proof, but when you consider the CC status, the " player meetings " where the CC would go right back to their spots, you can't exactly leave out the player at the top of the group.

Considering the amount of cap space Trotz blew moving what he could, and the dollars the owners will spend paying guys that won't be playing here, I don't know how anyone can't assume that as the Captain Josi might have been doing things that could be considered part of the problem.

I don't believe for a second that Duchene and Joey were the only problem players.

ShagDaddy

Nov 24, 2021
The Boro
For what it's worth its a notion that has been around for a while in rumors, and has kind of been backed up by different moves and events over the years.

Him and Ellis were tied at the hip, now some of that may have been because Ekholm and Subban worked pretty well together, but up until the moment he was traded he was always Josi's partner. Then you get into odd ball stuff like him having the best season of his career with Fabbro and then Fabbro being everywhere but with Josi and you start to ponder was it just Hynes or did Josi not really want to play with him?

Unless someone like Hynes comes out and confirms it, which he will never do, no one really can have proof, but when you consider the CC status, the " player meetings " where the CC would go right back to their spots, you can't exactly leave out the player at the top of the group.

Considering the amount of cap space Trotz blew moving what he could, and the dollars the owners will spend paying guys that won't be playing here, I don't know how anyone can't assume that as the Captain Josi might have been doing things that could be considered part of the problem.

I don't believe for a second that Duchene and Joey were the only problem players.
If a player has the best season of his career, the logical mindset would be to continue what they we’re doing to achieve that level of success. Until someone can provide definitive proof otherwise, I refuse to believe Josi didn’t want Fabbro as his defensive partner.

I won’t assume Josi wasn’t part of the problem. I do know there were nights when the team wasn’t playing well and he tried to do too much to overcompensate for it which isn’t typically indicative of a person who has a lackadaisical attitude.

Reactions: Kat Predator

maplepred

Go Preds Go!!
Aug 14, 2011
It’s all good.

Porter is usually very insightful with a great perspective on things and I quite enjoy reading his messages. Just sayin,

Armourboy

Hey! You suck!
Jan 20, 2014
Shelbyville, TN
If a player has the best season of his career, the logical mindset would be to continue what they we’re doing to achieve that level of success. Until someone can provide definitive proof otherwise, I refuse to believe Josi didn’t want Fabbro as his defensive partner.

I won’t assume Josi wasn’t part of the problem. I do know there were nights when the team wasn’t playing well and he tried to do too much to overcompensate for it which isn’t typically indicative of a person who has a lackadaisical attitude.
Well logic went out the door with someone, and with the way Hynes was moving everyone around it's a little telling to me that he wouldn't go back to what worked in the previous season. Now I get Hynes was fired for a reason, and I don't think he is an NHL level coach, but for a guy that was willing to throw anything at a wall to try and make it stick why did he never throw that at the wall? This is the same guy that would put the Herd line back together as default when things weren't working, so why was he not willing to put Fabbro back with Josi?

Something isn't adding up in all of this and I find it hard to believe that it was all Hynes, but maybe he really was that bad.

ShagDaddy

Nov 24, 2021
The Boro
Well logic went out the door with someone, and with the way Hynes was moving everyone around it's a little telling to me that he wouldn't go back to what worked in the previous season. Now I get Hynes was fired for a reason, and I don't think he is an NHL level coach, but for a guy that was willing to throw anything at a wall to try and make it stick why did he never throw that at the wall? This is the same guy that would put the Herd line back together as default when things weren't working, so why was he not willing to put Fabbro back with Josi?

Something isn't adding up in all of this and I find it hard to believe that it was all Hynes, but maybe he really was that bad.
Hynes had a much shorter leash with young players. It didn’t take much of a mistake by a young player to get put in the press box or dropped down the lineup. That seems like a much more logical explanation than Josi dictating the lineup.

Reactions: Kat Predator

AintLifeGrand

Burnin Jet-A
Apr 8, 2009
GreatestSnowOnEarth
So a Canadian guy using his platform to "protest racial inequality" by kneeling for the national anthem (and was supported by other players and teammates in this) is a worse character than the guy with multiple allegations of assault, severe gambling issues, abandonment of his wife/child, asking partners to have abortions, violating team protocols, etc...?
Yea it shows how much of an idiot he is. A black hockey player making millions and living a life 99.9% better than the rest of humanity in the freest and greatest country on earth.

Gucci Kane has at least tried to better himself and loves America.

Dumba's also washed and was on Elite Prospects do not sign list

Armourboy

Hey! You suck!
Jan 20, 2014
Shelbyville, TN
Hynes had a much shorter leash with young players. It didn’t take much of a mistake by a young player to get put in the press box or dropped down the lineup. That seems like a much more logical explanation than Josi dictating the lineup.
Could be, but we don't know the truth either. All I know is Josi was the Captain, and he did next to nothing to put a stop to the attitudes that were running wild on this team for years. Poile didn't either for that matter.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad