Prospect Info: Brett Murray (2016, 99th) – '18-19: Youngstown #21 (USHL), '19-20: Miami (NCAA)

valet

obviously adhd
Sponsor
Jan 26, 2017
buffalo
Does anyone think Murray earns a call-up this season? I'm curious as to what our lines would look like with him in over a guy like Sheary.

SabresSharks

Oct 2, 2007
So he goes from not knowing where he'd play to a 14 points in 15 games AHL rookie.

Wth is going on with this guy? Legit prospect or unsustainable hot streak?

Reactions: SECRET SQUIRREL

Gabrielor

"Win with us or watch us win." - Rasmus Dahlin
Jun 28, 2011
Buffalo, NY
Murray's played very well....

...but he's still pretty slow, and I mean SLOW. I saw him vs Hartford live 9 days ago.

The AHL is a lot slower, and passing is much less precise (at least this game was).

Snippit

Dec 5, 2012
Just noticed he's younger than Tage by nine whole months...and he's out-producing him (14 in 15 vs 12 in 16, although Tage has 6 goals).

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
1st point last night. Played well in the last 2 games.

Not sure the adjustment from the first recall this season to this one, but he appears noticeably quicker. He was out of position and looked labored the first time, but these last few games not so much. Perhaps it's having someone with Cozens frame taking up time and space for other teams on the back check that gives him time to get back... but he wasn't looking like a sloth in forward gears either.

joshjull

Aug 2, 2005
Hamburg,NY
Not sure the adjustment from the first recall this season to this one, but he appears noticeably quicker. He was out of position and looked labored the first time, but these last few games not so much. Perhaps it's having someone with Cozens frame taking up time and space for other teams on the back check that gives him time to get back... but he wasn't looking like a sloth in forward gears either.
I think his linemates (Cozens/Okposo) are definitely helping him get more time.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
OT GWG in game 2, OT game winning assist in game 1. Not a bad start to the playoffs for him and his linemates.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
I was stalking him on Cap Friendly and what a sneaky little signing by Adams. I know he was a Murray pick but having the patience and giving him a contract has paid off.

If he can add half a step somehow and also continue to find a way to be angry at the other team, he could be a Maroon sort of player. But he needs both of those things, perhaps even more so the anger.

CaliSabresfan24

Aug 21, 2021
San Jose,CA
I think it was Elliotte Friedman on After the Whistle who said there has been a few executives in the western conference keeping a close eye on Murray.. Hope the Sabres have plans for him in their future.

Fjordy

Jun 20, 2018
I think it was Elliotte Friedman on After the Whistle who said there has been a few executives in the western conference keeping a close eye on Murray.. Hope the Sabres have plans for him in their future.
He looked a little weird in Buffalo, but I hope he gets another chance.

Reactions: CaliSabresfan24

NotABadPeriod

ForFriendshipDikembe
Oct 28, 2006
I see him as another Mark Mancari (not in terms of style, but in terms of talent). Fine for the AHL, but I'm fine with him not seeing another game in a Sabres sweater. I just don't see it with him.

Reactions: Jacob582

Buffaloed

webmaster
Feb 27, 2002
Niagara Falls
If he can add half a step somehow and also continue to find a way to be angry at the other team, he could be a Maroon sort of player. But he needs both of those things, perhaps even more so the anger.
I think he needs to find a way to maintain his conditioning during the season. His skating was ok early in the season and just seemed to get slower and slower.

cybresabre

prōject positivity
Feb 27, 2002
+
I see him as another Mark Mancari (not in terms of style, but in terms of talent). Fine for the AHL, but I'm fine with him not seeing another game in a Sabres sweater. I just don't see it with him.
I feel the same way, except I'd love to see Mancari and Murray get some more games with the Sabres.

• Haha
Reactions: Paxon

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad