Prospect Info: Brett Murray (2016, 99th) – '18-19: Youngstown #21 (USHL), '19-20: Miami (NCAA)

VaporTrail

Mar 2, 2011
5 points in 7 games in his rookie season as a 21 year old

Still early but we could have something here
Good to see he's doing well...I thought he looked good for us in the pre-season...He seems to be a guy that no one really talks about...Would be a nice bonus if he can make the big club someday.

Reactions: Chainshot

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
Good to see he's doing well...I thought he looked good for us in the pre-season...He seems to be a guy that no one really talks about...Would be a nice bonus if he can make the big club someday.

He gets into dirty areas to score. It'll be interesting to see if he gains confidence to use his mass as the pro season progresses.

Reactions: VaporTrail

dotcommunism

Aug 16, 2007
The Sabres hold his NHL rights through June 1. I'm not sure he's shown quite enough just yet to warrant committing to a 3-year ELC (although, granted, this year would be one of those 3 years).

Matt Ress

Don't sleep on me
Aug 5, 2014
Appalachia
Can any ROC watchers comment? Seems he is doing the right things, committed and obviously gigantic. Can he skate with an NHL club and does he use that frame to make an impact through the NZ and back in the D zone?

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation

That power move to the net may have gone in, Oglevie pumps in the winner.

From earlier:

Again, all that starts with him going to the net with authority and it eventually winds up on Oglevie's stick.

Reactions: SECRET SQUIRREL

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
It’s probably time to sign a contract with him.

He's been very consistent - in 15 games played, he's has at least a point in 11 of them. Funny that a team with a player with 13 points leading the team has one with 12 who is now 7th on the squad in scoring... they are not a one line team right now. (Okay, they're more like a two-and-a-third line team. :biglaugh: )

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad