Player Discussion Brett Kulak

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
He is definitely as advertised in terms of being a really good skater. No glaring mistakes for a defenseman in his first game with a new team = a very good start.

Reactions: oilers'72

AddyTheWrath

Mar 24, 2015
Toronto
He was more aggressive than I anticipated. Considering he's paired with Barrie, I expected him to hang back a bit more and be the "defensive presence" but he was pushing and carrying the puck up the ice all night. I guess when you can skate like he does you're also able to recover much faster if there's a turnover in the neutral zone.

Reactions: TB12 and oilers'72

Stoneman89

Feb 8, 2008
He looked pretty good last night. I just haven't figured out if he really is that good, or from some of the trash we've seen from our defence core as a whole has been so bad, that he looks like a breath of fresh air.

Reactions: Not Canada Drai

YoSoGordo

Mar 4, 2010
Edmonton
Played really well last game which is good to see. My brother who went to high-school with him at Memorial Composite said he was an arrogant bully so hopefully he's matured since those days.

TB12

Apr 5, 2015
Many Jocks are in high school. I'm not excusing it, just a sad truth. I'm sure he's grown up. Hoping he left your brother alone though.
Hockey players in high school can be ridiculous. Not going to name him out of respect but my buddy would get back from his WHL season and go to high school in Edmonton. He’d sit in the back of the class chewing tobacco. Teacher would be like “can you pay attention, or where’s your homework?“. He'd just laugh and say “going to the show, teach”. Lol.

He did in fact go to the show and make tens of millions of dollars over a 15 year career so I guess he called his shot?

Natey

GOATS
Aug 2, 2005
One........game
Habs fan here. Watched the game.

That's exactly Kulak. Pretty much what you'll get from him. There will be errors here and there like any player, but that game is exactly what I'm used to seeing from him.

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
This guy is what Kulikov was supposed to be. Steady, veteran stabilizing presence that can play in all pairings and PK.

This is the type of depth player you need and hopefully he is re-signed.

McShogun99

Aug 30, 2009
Edmonton
Wonder how much it would cost to keel Kulak. Has exceeded my expectations.
I wouldn't pay more then what he's currently making. He's a veteran, bottom pairing Dman that can move up the lineup in short bursts. He'd end up being our new Russell.

Trafalgar Sadge Law

Nov 8, 2007
Glad to see Kulak playing well for you guys. For some reason he’s always flying under everyone’s radar, but good solid defenseman with size who can skate. Congrats on the series win btw!
One thing I never understood is why he was always viewed as Montreal's worst dman in the media when he completely annihilated the likes of Chiarot/Edmundson in almost every analytical category imaginable against all difficulties of competition and with all d partners, and looked better than those 2 positionally whenever we played against you guys. IDEK if the physicality thing explains it either b/c Kulak is plenty willing to play the body.

Reactions: oilers'72

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad