WWE: Bret Hart diagnosed with prostate cancer

NewAgeOutlaw

Belie Dat!
Jul 15, 2011
412/724
My friend was diagnosed with prostate cancer last year. Luckily they caught it so early with him that he went into remission without even having to undergo radiation treatments. Hopefully the Hitman caught it early on.

Del Preston

Mar 8, 2013
My favourite wrestler of all-time. Hopefully Bret can beat this.

That family has been through non-stop hell for about twenty years.

iamjs

Oct 1, 2008
was just getting ready to post that.

I had a closer pic RT'ed in my timeline.

CaptainCrunch67

Aug 23, 2005
The WWE is in Calgary on Friday at a live event, I hope that the fans and the WWE show that they're rallying around him in this fight.

I doubt Bret will be there as he's having surgery next week, and his brother Keith made hints that this is serious, so maybe they didn't catch it early.

But it would be nice to see the fans in Calgary and the WWE standing up to this horrible disease.

Mightygoose

Nov 5, 2012
Ajax, ON
Hart undergoes surgery

http://www.tsn.ca/hitman-hart-undergoes-surgery-for-cancer-1.437097

Canadian professional wrestler Bret Hart says he's "on the long road to recovery" after undergoing surgery for prostate cancer.

He also thanked his family, friends, and fans for their love and support, adding that "things are looking up" and he was expecting to be home in the next few days.

Sounds like good news on the surface. :)

Del Preston

Mar 8, 2013
Wrestling Observer:

"Bret Hart underwent prostate cancer surgery on 2/10 in Calgary and by all accounts, the procedure was a success. He had his prostate completely removed and doctors were confident that the cancer was contained and so he won't need any chemotherapy or radiation and should make a full recovery."

"Hart had apparently known about having prostate cancer dating back to last summer, but had only told close family and even friends only found out days before he made the announcement on Facebook. Doctors felt that because it was a slow growing cancer, he didn't need immediate surgery and they pushed it back due to his recovery from a wrist operation that took longer than expected to rehab."
:yo:

Loosie

The Eternal Optimist
Jun 14, 2011
Kitchener, Ontario
That is great news. Not to be negative though, once cancer is in your body it can be really tough to get rid of. Hopefully he is truly free of it now though. I just hope he continues to have regular monitoring.

Megahab

Apr 30, 2009
Toronto
His brother Smith was also diagnosed with bone and prostate cancer, according to a tweet he sent out on January 21st.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
J.R. revealed that Bret Hart beat cancer.

He put that sum***** in a sharpshooter and made it tap out.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad