Confirmed with Link: Brent Thompson OUT as Bridgeport HC!(Anaheim assistant)

SI90

Jul 25, 2011
StrongIsland
It’s finally happened. In my opinion this next hire for the isles is extremely important and pivotal. Id like to see a guy that has the ability to teach and develop but also understands the modern game. I hope it’s not just a promote within thing. I hope they do an extensive search.

Reactions: Thrasymachus

MJF

Hope is not a strategy
Sep 6, 2003
NYC
That's my biggest knock against him, he was here forever. Change can be a good thing.

I did like most of the prospects when they came up though, they understood how they were expected to play within the system.
I think there was only one AHL coach who had a longer tenure with one parent club while Thompson was coaching, Roy Sommer. He was the Sharks AHL coach from 1998-2022. Interestingly, in 2022 he became the Anaheim Ducks AHL coach and retired at the end of this season.

Reactions: PK Cronin

YearlyLottery

The Pooch Report
Feb 7, 2013
South Carolina
I do feel as if guys from Bridgeport always came up and looked the part. I did not mind Thompson at all down there. I am interested to see who they look to hire as coach down there. I would assume this should be Chris Lamoriello's job to hire the head coach. Should be interesting.

bstash19

Apr 8, 2012
long island
It’s crazy to me that their social media announcements are sponsored by a personal injury law firm. It surprised me that wasn’t something we did during the wang years.

periferal

Jul 5, 2007
If there's going to be change I wish he was actually fired. Lou runs the organization like nothing is wrong with it at all. He just brings back everyone no matter the cost. Would be nice to see him actually improve on something.

Reactions: SI90

MJF

Hope is not a strategy
Sep 6, 2003
NYC
It’s finally happened. In my opinion this next hire for the isles is extremely important and pivotal. Id like to see a guy that has the ability to teach and develop but also understands the modern game. I hope it’s not just a promote within thing. I hope they do an extensive search.

He was offered a spot on Greg Cronin’s bench.

leeroggy

Jan 3, 2010
With the departures of Thompson and Bailey the Islanders organization has freed itself of 27 years of service in one offseason.
And saved a combined $5 million on the Cap between the two!

I would like to see Herb Brooks' whistle hired as the replacement . . .

The drills would be repeated until they either got it right or said "I play for . . . the Bridgeport Islanders!"

MJF

Hope is not a strategy
Sep 6, 2003
NYC
Either MacLean (son on the team + already in the org.) or Rick Kowalsky (BPT asst. and 15+ years of service in NJ’s system).

I’d bet my life it’s either of these two guys.
I’m hoping it’s not but I’m thinking it’s Kowalsky’s job too.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad