Brent Krahn

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrMastodonFarm*

Jul 5, 2004
Yup, Brent is halfway kind of making a beleiver out of me.. I was never a big Krahn fan. But 3 shutouts in his last 4 games in mighty impressive.

Flames Draft Watcher

Feb 27, 2002
Calgary
Visit site
bruins4777 said:
Who here's seen him a lot. What do you guy's think about him?

I've seen him a bunch at the junior level, haven't seen him lately.

He's a big kid (6'4) with good quickness and positioning. He was always a bit of a project and that became even more of an issue when he missed over a year to knee injuries. He's healthy now and appears to have established himself in the AHL. A few years and he might be competing for a spot in Calgary as the backup.

I know most fans around here wrote him off early on but I think we'll be hearing more from him in the future. He's certainly got the size and the athleticism to make an impact and from hearing him in interviews and people's comments about him it sounds like he's a dedicated guy and a decently hard worker as well. Hopefully he continues to develop. 3 shutouts out of his last 4 games is a great sign.

Roughneck

Oct 15, 2003
Calgary
Visit site
Krahn is a very good goalie. Basically any hype and enthusiasm surrounding him was shot when he suffered some knee injuries (limiting him to 16 games in one subpar season), and eventually was cut from the Calgary Hitmen. He was a lost cause then he had a very successful (albeit short) stint with Seattle and led them to a terrific playoff run and now is clearly showing signs of being the goalie that management saw in him.

He's a big goalie and I would say is more positional than reflex. For the past several years, he has been seing loads of goalie coaches teaching him motion techniques that take pressure off his knees, which is why the problems are almost non-existent right now.

He's got talent. His draft year did have one of the most stacked junior teams of recent memory, but a 33-6-0 record with a .912 pct. is still pretty impressive.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad