Brent Burns - F or D?

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California
He's going back to D. I wish they would put him at forward to start the season and then put Tennyson back there and see what happens. Run something like:
Vlasic-Demers
Irwin/Mueller/Abelthauser-Braun
Hannan-Tennyson

Hertl

Fun Must Be Sometimes
Nov 15, 2010
He can wreak havoc from the blue line. I'm fine with that.

Last edited:

Gene Parmesan

Dedicated to babies who came feet first
Jul 23, 2009
California
He's going back to D. I wish they would put him at forward to start the season and then put Tennyson back there and see what happens. Run something like:
Vlasic-Demers
Hannan-Tennyson

That would not be good.

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California
That would not be good.

Might as well try it. Maybe Tennyson finally figures it out and maybe Mueller/Abelthauser succeed. If it doesn't work, then oh well. We can change it up. We aren't supposed to be competing for the cup. So what are those few games worth?

hohosaregood

Banned
Sep 1, 2011
I think it's funny how Burns is getting moved back to D and Byfuglien is getting put back at forward.

5H4RK5

May 3, 2007
Forward during PP and D during full strength and alternate depending on matchups. OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOH :laugh:

SactoShark

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
May 1, 2009
Sacramento
Goalie on the penalty kill, associate coach at 4 on foreplay, equipment manager in the shootout, ice girl during intermissions.

Boy Hedican

Homer Jr, friends call me Ho-Ju
Jul 12, 2006
Earff
Might as well try it. Maybe Tennyson finally figures it out and maybe Mueller/Abelthauser succeed. If it doesn't work, then oh well. We can change it up. We aren't supposed to be competing for the cup. So what are those few games worth?

Those games are worth getting Burns back into a D-man mode. His conditioning and training is dictated by the position he plays. Floating him around like that is not productive at all, certainly not just to see if Tennyson can fill that role (PS...he can't).

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
Isn't Burns more of a trigger on the PP?

Yes but he should still be that trigger on the 1st unit. They need to change it up since the PP was a big part of their failure all year AND their talk of others getting an opportunity to step up.

Personally, I would prefer they stick to the regular lines as their power play lines but any real change would be fine. I really hope they take Pavelski off the point because if all they change is going from Boyle to Demers then they aren't giving much of an opportunity to the other guys, imo.

rgb63

Jan 29, 2009
Forward during PP and D during full strength and alternate depending on matchups. OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOH :laugh:

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't think Burns was a forward very often during the PP.

Nighthock

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Jul 25, 2007
Nevada
And it should be the opposite... Burns is a better forward and Byfuglien is a better defenseman.

c4cd3f925f6178c2a01049ccace71cee1380d071067066948d8aada98802ff0c.jpg

SJeasy

Feb 3, 2005
San Jose
35-45 points, +10, on d.
Above 40 as a dman is a stretch. He doesn't improve the PP as a whole as a QB. He can be a marginal improvement as a trigger. Unless someone else steps up big as a QB and Burns feeds off it, then he isn't likely to crack 40. Think of Burns like McCabe or Souray feeding off of a Markov or Kaberle. I can see him doing well with the right partner for 5on5.

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California
Those games are worth getting Burns back into a D-man mode. His conditioning and training is dictated by the position he plays. Floating him around like that is not productive at all, certainly not just to see if Tennyson can fill that role (PS...he can't).

And how do you know this? Many of us had Tennyson pencilled in the top 6. Many of had Braun on the bottom pairing. (Both of these in the offseason of last year) then Tennyson had that bad year. Everything can change overnight, you don't know what is going to happen. Especially with the Sharks.

ScottyDont

Aug 30, 2010
Philly (<3 in SJ)
Above 40 as a dman is a stretch. He doesn't improve the PP as a whole as a QB. He can be a marginal improvement as a trigger. Unless someone else steps up big as a QB and Burns feeds off it, then he isn't likely to crack 40. Think of Burns like McCabe or Souray feeding off of a Markov or Kaberle. I can see him doing well with the right partner for 5on5.

Burns hit 40+ points twice before with the Wild, and he was close his first year with us. And that first year with us, was he on the 1st unit PP? I don't remember but I doubt it. Aren't most of us slotting Demers to be the 1st unit PP QB and Burns on the other side? I'd rather have him there then Pavs.

Kegsey

Defense be scared, Hertl coming.
Oct 20, 2011
Canada
Vlasic-Demers
Hannan-Tennyson

If Vlasic gets injured we would have the worst D in the league.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Toulouse vs Montpellier
    Toulouse vs Montpellier
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $246.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Hoffenheim vs RB Leipzig
    Hoffenheim vs RB Leipzig
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $8,351.00