Brent Benson

Oshie

Feb 9, 2010
Saskatoon
So many of you might probably heard of this kid at some point in time. I heard from a friend that he was supposed to be a top pick in this years NHL Draft. I want to know if this is true and what happened if so?

He has played very well throughout this whole season. The first two playoff games this past weekend his line in my opinion dominated.

So what do you people think about this kid?

R S

Sep 18, 2006
He was hyped to be competing with SC (Couturier) for first overall in 2011 like 3-4 years ago.

He was a high bantam pick and hasn't really lived up to the high expectations that he had as a 14 year old. That's not to say he's not a good player, because he is.

He's very well rounded. Good defensively, hard worker in every situation and has underrated offensive abilities. His offensive role was suppressed as the year went on with the Blades after they acquired Schenn.

Teams will have seen this guy for 3-4 years by now and will have a comfortable read on him. I think he could go as early as round 3 because he is so well rounded. Could also slide into rounds 5 or 6 though.

I have him pegged as one of my big breakout WHLers next year once guys like Schenn, Hamilton, Viedensky, Elliott, Zahn etc etc leave the Blades. He will likely be their first line center.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad