Rumor: Brenden Morrow

A Star is Burns

Formerly Azor Aho
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2011
I'd like to have him or a similar decent vet that is still out there, especially considering the lack of killer instinct from all the guys in competition this year, but I'm not too worried about it. I think there will likely be some intriguing depth guys put on waivers in the coming week as well and that could fill certain third or fourth line roles for us. So I don't even put too much stock into who is left at this point until seeing all the options. We haven't been afraid to use the waiver wire ourselves in the last few years to pick up a guy and that could be an option if an intriguing guy is put out there this week.

cptjeff

Reprehensible User
Sep 18, 2008
Washington, DC.
6 teams still over the cap, though I think the Flyers are good once Pronger goes on LTIR again. There's a lot that we can do with that if we want to make a move.

A Star is Burns

Formerly Azor Aho
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2011
Exactly, there are a lot of roster moves left out there, probably even from teams that aren't over the cap that have unexpected guys making the roster, waiver decisions, whatever. Could be an interesting bit of time left still before the beginning of the season if JR deems that we need whatever and Morrow is gone.

Oenatzu

Chad-in-the-Box
Mar 7, 2010
1 year, 1.5 million. If JR wanted him on the team he could have offered even more than that, but I guess it came down to where the player wanted to go.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad