Confirmed with Link: Brenden Morrow Retires as a Dallas Star

Satan

MIGHTY
Apr 13, 2010
Lapland
CdxKoPmWwAA7qV_.jpg:large

Player's Tribune - "Lessons Learned From a Career in Hockey"

The Dallas Stars and Brenden Morrow announced today the forward's retirement from the National Hockey League after 15 seasons. Morrow signed a ceremonial one-day agreement with Dallas on Thursday and retired as a member of the Stars.
Dallas Stars Official Press Release

The Warrior: Brenden Morrow
[NHL]c-42634603[/NHL]

Satan

MIGHTY
Apr 13, 2010
Lapland
I can't get the NHL video to embed w/e

Obligatory Michalek crush

Everyone knows how it ended

M88K

irreverent
May 24, 2014
It's sad because he will live on forever as Captain Sandbag because of the '10 Olympics.

Benneguin

Original Recipe
May 26, 2015
He'll be remembered for that San Jose series. What was it in game five where he kept scoring and the refs kept taking the goals away? He was so dominate in that series.

M88K

irreverent
May 24, 2014
Only to those who choose to believe that garbage.

Considering he gave the quote saying he was saving himself for the Olympics, I don't know what there is to "believe" but sure.
He was a good player, but The Olympics mixed with Him Being captain during the worst years in Stars History, Tarnish any lasting Impact his "stars" legacy would have.

Honestly I've routed against him Ever since I saw that Article back in '10, and was so glad he didn't get a cup with TB last year, and he was my favorite player Post Langenbrunner(1st Tour)

Magic Mittens

Nov 2, 2006
Calgary
Always loved his game and effort. Damn were Ribs and him great together. I even remember watching a line of Morrow-Modano-Young lol

tjcurrie

Aug 4, 2010
Gibbons, Alberta
Considering he gave the quote saying he was saving himself for the Olympics, I don't know what there is to "believe" but sure.
He was a good player, but The Olympics mixed with Him Being captain during the worst years in Stars History, Tarnish any lasting Impact his "stars" legacy would have.

Honestly I've routed against him Ever since I saw that Article back in '10, and was so glad he didn't get a cup with TB last year, and he was my favorite player Post Langenbrunner(1st Tour)

The only thing I recall him ever saying was in reference to choosing not to fight Sean Avery, risking breaking his hand. I have no problem with that. That's not "sandbagging". The dude sacrificed his body every single game and played hurt more often than anyone can imagine.

A player doesn't "sandbag" when he's trying to make an Olympic roster. Not dropping the gloves against some d-bag in one out of reach game, I'll give the guy a pass for all he did in every single other game for us over the years. Not gonna whine about it. Maybe some other goof on the team who wasn't as vital as Morrow should have stepped in and did something. But no, you, captain, guy who's one of if not our best player, guy who's playing on one leg already, you do it. We'll watch.

I remember wanting him to do it (or at least someone), but again, I can easily brush it off and give him the benefit considering all else he has done for us.

And if you think he's the only player who had the Olympics on his mind at that point, you're dreaming. Every single player going did.

Maybe it's not the best thing to say, but it's 100% something people who have no idea what it's like, no idea what these guys go through daily, took and blew up into something bigger.

"OMG he's been sandbagging!!"

Gimme a break. It's not in his DNA. Truly unfortunate and sad that some people choose to hop on that train after all he did all the years, and that's what they decide to remember him by.

I'll leave it at that.

Last edited:

LT

Global Moderator
Jul 23, 2010
He was pretty bad on the ice towards the end. Won't comment on off-ice issues as we really have no idea what was said or done.

Can't deny that he was a legend here, though. Curious if he'll have some kind of job with the team.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad