Confirmed with Link: Brenden Dillon Four-Year Extension $3.9MAAV

Hivemind

We're Touched
Oct 8, 2010
Philadelphia
GMBM sure loves his four year deals. Let's hope this one pays more immediate dividends than his last few have.

Was kinda hoping they'd take this opportunity to get an upgrade at LD, but with Kempny now confirmed gimp, I get settling on a reliable type that they have some familiarity with.

pman25

Aug 29, 2009
Richmond
I wasn’t a big Dillon fan, but he’s not terrible. He’s truly a defensive Defenseman and with Kempny losing form and now out for the season, no problem with this signing for our Top 4

I’m gonna get real tired of all those penalties though, that’s gotta stop!

SpinningEdge

Feb 12, 2015
Fairfax, VA
He’s a great teammate (ex teammates have said amazing things about him), and that’s important in caps locker room.

Very happy with the signing

kicksavedave

I'm just here for the memes and gifs.
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2009
Fallbrook, CA
www.tiasarms.org
So with Kempny toast, the top four looks like JC, Dilly, Orly and.. Jensen? Siegs and Fever at 5/6?

Not much depth behind that list it seems.

I would imagine the Kempny news landed with BMac before he wrote this check, but can anyone confirm the timing?

Employee427

Jan 6, 2019
I said 4x4 is the most I would be willing to sign him for. With Kempny being most likely out on LTIR for whole season this signing makes more sense. What we do the rest of offseason also influences how I will view this deal, so far I think it is okayish, but if signing Dillon is our biggest offseason move then I will probably be a little bit disappointed.

Roughing

Oct 11, 2010
Frederick, MD
Like it a lot. Our scheme was shit last year. In Lavi, I trust. And we've moved Kempny money to LTIR. Poor guy was never the same and is possibly done.

Reactions: Calicaps

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002
Lmao pathetic. A million and half at least overpaid in cap hit and that term is f***in brutal. Maclellan needs to get sacked.

Never lukewarm....always a hot take with you huh?! ;)

$250k-500k a year too much maybe....but I think he plays better next season when acclimated.

Last edited:

RVACapsFan

May 31, 2018
Question now is do we use our remaining cap room on a top 4 RHD or a third line winger? I would love to get Dylan DeMelo in here on the right side and slide Jensen down the third line with Siegs/Fehervary. Think that D lineup would do wonders for Samsonov.

um

Sep 4, 2008
toronto
I wasn’t a big Dillon fan, but he’s not terrible. He’s truly a defensive Defenseman and with Kempny losing form and now out for the season, no problem with this signing for our Top 4

I’m gonna get real tired of all those penalties though, that’s gotta stop!

I think he fit right in there.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad