Confirmed with Link: Brenden Dillon for 2 seconds

Mooche

Feb 21, 2013
Winnipeg
Well, the LD position in the organization just got even more interesting.

Pretty solid value. He is going to bring an element this team has been missing for quite some time. I'm cool with it.

Hunter368

RIP lomiller1, see you in the next life buddy.
Nov 8, 2011
This a great add for the Jets, big step up with Dillon.

Makes we wonder if Heinola might be pushed to played RHD. Also makes me wonder if this trades means Chevy is doubtful he can land a top 4 RHD.

Dillion Pionk
Josh Heinola
Stanley DeMelo

Or

Dillon Pionk
Josh DeMelo
Stanley Heinola

That’s a very solid D core top to bottom despite no true #1D. I would love that lineup.

gojetsgo

Nov 1, 2015
This a great add for the Jets, big step up with Dillon.

Makes we wonder if Heinola might be pushed to played RHD. Also makes me wonder if this trades means Chevy is doubtful he can land a top 4 RHD.

Dillion Pionk
Josh Heinola
Stanley DeMelo

That’s a very solid D core top to bottom despite no true #1D. I would love that lineup.
I think they will still look to add another defensemen, both pionk and jomo needed partners. just not going to be a expensive one, maybe another in the demelo/dillon range

WolfHouse

Oct 4, 2020
How do we all know it? You aren't even trying to contribute to the discussion.
Whatever.

I'm cheering for Heinola as our 6th D... but like every year for forever, we will debate our pairings all offseason and then Maurice will stay with the safe shot-blocking vet choice such as Beaulieu or Stuart or Pardy etc...

JoeSakic13

May 30, 2013
San Francisco
3 years isn't much time?

tenor.gif

Hunter368

RIP lomiller1, see you in the next life buddy.
Nov 8, 2011
I think they will still look to add another defensemen, both pionk and jomo needed partners

Dillon is clearly Pionk partner in top 4. Josh maybe gets DeMelo or Heinola I’m guessing

KingBogo

Admitted Homer
Nov 29, 2011
Winnipeg
Whatever.

I'm cheering for Heinola as our 6th D... but like every year for forever, we will debate our pairings all offseason and then Maurice will stay with the safe shot-blocking vet choice such as Beaulieu or Stuart or Pardy etc...
Except the evidence doesn't support this. We kept DeMelo and added Dillion that is huge. Crap talk about the AHL defenseman we were forced to play the last couple seasons is quickly fading away so why get hung up on it?

Jun 15, 2013
Winnipeg

Trade leaves the Jets with 12 million in space with Pionk (RD2), Copp (LW3), Stanley (LD3/LD4) to sign & still in need of RD3, RW4, G2.

Connor-Scheifele-Wheeler
Stasnty-Dubois-Ehlers
LW3-Lowry-Vesalainen
Harkins-Gustaffson-RW4

Morrissey-Demelo
Dillon-RD2
Heinola-RD3

Hellebuyck
G2

Scratches: Niku, Beaulieu
IR Little

Cap Hit: $69,546,312
Cap Space: $11,953,688

Clearly the Jets plan to spend to the cap & use LTIR.

My question now becomes if its better to use the LTIR to sign one of Copp/Pionk after training camp so that a premium UFA RHD can be acquired, or sign all our RFA & trade for that RHD with a team pressed hard to the cap after camp.

Mathil8

▌▌▌│▌▌│▌▌▌│▌▌│▌▌▌
Jul 24, 2011
Winnipeg, Manitoba
Haha, Washington must not know that our 2nd rounders are cursed!

In all seriousness, two 2nds is a bit pricey, but hard to complain compared to some of the other deals we've seen for D men this offseason. Dillon is just the player to play with Pionk and on our PK, 3 years left at 3.9aav to take him to 33yo. Plus him and DeMelo are apparently best buds, should be an easy absorption into our reportedly solid room.

Some other things to take into consideration after this trade:
-Our left side is now set for the next 3 years: Morrissey, Dillon, Stanley. Does this signal a trade of Heinola/Samberg (or will our coach finally cave and accept to playing Heinola on his off side... which he's played for a large part of his career?). I swear to god, if our third pairing ends up Stanley Beaulieu...
-Assuming 6.0m deal for Pionk, 1.25m for Stanley, and 1.5m for "Backup Goalie", that leaves us with ~5.9m left to improve our forwards and/or RD. Technically we could still fit in Pulock's cap hit and use Stastny's cap for an extension the following year :naughty: Or we could re-sign Copp and call the offseason complete.

Mathil8

▌▌▌│▌▌│▌▌▌│▌▌│▌▌▌
Jul 24, 2011
Winnipeg, Manitoba
Trade leaves the Jets with 12 million in space with Pionk (RD2), Copp (LW3), Stanley (LD3/LD4) to sign & still in need of RD3, RW4, G2.

Connor-Scheifele-Wheeler
Stasnty-Dubois-Ehlers
LW3-Lowry-Vesalainen
Harkins-Gustaffson-RW4

Morrissey-Demelo
Dillon-RD2
Heinola-RD3

Hellebuyck
G2

Scratches: Niku, Beaulieu
IR Little

Cap Hit: $69,546,312
Cap Space: $11,953,688

Clearly the Jets plan to spend to the cap & use LTIR.

My question now becomes if its better to use the LTIR to sign one of Copp/Pionk after training camp so that a premium UFA RHD can be acquired, or sign all our RFA & trade for that RHD with a team pressed hard to the cap after camp.
I imagine it would be easier to handshake deal with one of your RFAs than to mess around with another teams' cap situation.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad