Value of: Brendan Lemieux to Edmonton

Status
Not open for further replies.

ManofSteel55

Aug 15, 2013
Sylvan Lake, Alberta
Niemelainen
Oiler fans don't talk about him much because this is his first year in North America. It almost seemed like his development was stalling in Europe, but he has 5 points in 14 games in the AHL this year, so there might be a player there still. It's probably a fair ask in terms of value, but I haven't seen enough of him to say for certain.

Fitzy

Very Stable Genius
Jan 29, 2009
Early 3rd round pick I'd say.

We were excited to get him years back but he has stagnated, basically a 4th line agitator is all he will ever be.

Pros-

Grit
Deflections
Draws penalties a lot

Cons-

Balance
Hands/Stickhandling
Undisciplined

Reactions: ecemleafs and hn777

SML2

Jan 1, 2018
Probably not that much. Most he could get is a third in my eyes but that's also why NYR won't do it. He's needed within the bottom 6 and adds something this team still needs more of, bark & bite.
Quinn neuters anyone under 30 by benching them if they take a penalty. JJ and Smith can take as many as they want though. I don't think we can afford to get rid of the Snarl Lemieux brings, but since Quinn is going to make him completely ineffective, we may as well move him. I would at least listen to offers.

Hockey 4 Life

Feb 10, 2012
From the leafs id offer 2021 2nd + 2022 3rd conditional turns into another 2nd if leafs make the cup finals.

DatDude44

Hmmmm?
Feb 23, 2012
The funny thing is pure value wise, yeah probably a 2nd or 3rd rounder.

But when taking in other factors like team needs, the rare skill set of being a pest and playing hard all the time and seeing what Tampa did last year with the Coleman and Goodrow trades.

I’d guess at the deadline he could fetch a 1st(late obvi) from a cup contender going all in

Reactions: bernmeister

YP44

Jan 30, 2012
Calgary, AB

But when taking in other factors like team needs, the rare skill set of being a pest and playing hard all the time and seeing what Tampa did last year with the Coleman and Goodrow trades.

I’d guess at the deadline he could fetch a 1st(late obvi) from a cup contender going all in

If the rangers could get that they should. I don't even see him getting a conditional 1st.

Tasteless Beaver

PLANE TEAM GOOD
Jul 8, 2015
Ottawa, Ontario
His major penalties per 60 mins and suspensions per 60 are among the highest in the league. The guy had the tools to be a fantastic pest with some hockey ability, but he is an absolute bonehead and will burn you. The Jets don't miss him.

Reactions: north49er

Tob

Sep 16, 2017
Quinn doesn't want the good that Lemieux brings and hates the bad that he drags in like every post has mentioned. He loves Howden though who works hard, doesn't take penalties and is the most Vanilla player on the planet that is offensively invisible. Under this coach, we've rode the value of Lemieux down about 30+ spots in the draft if he were exchanged for a pick.

If a GM wants to pay a 2nd for him even with the expansion draft coming, then fine. If not, then we are better off keeping him and seeing if the next coach, an NHL coach, will see the value in Lemieux and build him up.

This is a selfish kind of a thing as a fan. There's sell low and there's never having had a chance to see a player you acquired and were excited about ever be allowed to be the pest that he is.

Filthy Dangles

Registered User*
Oct 23, 2014

Woof, I hope you're right but I can't see that at all.

Lemieux just kinda sucks. With Coleman, he's a multiple 20+ goal scorer who you can plug up and down the lineup and not worry about hurting you. Barclay Goodrow isn't that much of a scorer but he's a very reliable player based on what I've seen (and him geting a 1st round pick is still one of the more confounding things recently.)

Lemieux on the other hand, doesn't score and his 'possession' stats suck. On top of it, he's not a reliable player, so many times he fails to get the puck deep and tries to either force a pass or beat a couple defensemen and turns it over. And he's pretty useless defensively.

Like I said, I'd take a 2nd and 3rd and run.

Last edited:

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
Quinn doesn't want the good that Lemieux brings and hates the bad that he drags in like every post has mentioned. He loves Howden though who works hard, doesn't take penalties and is the most Vanilla player on the planet that is offensively invisible. Under this coach, we've rode the value of Lemieux down about 30+ spots in the draft if he were exchanged for a pick.

If a GM wants to pay a 2nd for him even with the expansion draft coming, then fine. If not, then we are better off keeping him and seeing if the next coach, an NHL coach, will see the value in Lemieux and build him up.

This is a selfish kind of a thing as a fan. There's sell low and there's never having had a chance to see a player you acquired and were excited about ever be allowed to be the pest that he is.
this...

Not for sale. We need more Lemieux not less
...and this

x2

Reactions: EdJovanovski

DatDude44

Hmmmm?
Feb 23, 2012
Woof, I hope you're right but I can't see that at all.

Lemieux just kinda sucks. With Coleman, he's a multiple 20+ goal scorer who you can plug up and down the lineup and not worry about hurting you. Barclay Goodrow isn't that much of a scorer but he's a very reliable player based on what I've seen (and him geting a 1st round pick is still one of the more confounding things recently.)

Lemieux on the other hand, doesn't score and his 'possession' stats suck. On top of it, he's not a reliable player, so many times he fails to get the puck deep and tries to either force a pass or beat a couple defensemen and turns it over. And he's pretty useless defensively.

Like I said, I'd take a 2nd and 3rd and run.
I don’t disagree but seeing what the going rate for his style of player at the deadline have been thanks to Goodrow and even reaves at the 2017 draft(I know reaves is different but still) they tend to fetch a higher return than we’d think

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad