Confirmed Signing with Link: Brendan Leipsic signs in the KHL (one year with CSKA)

aonb

Oct 26, 2013
So Brendan joins Goldobin in Moscow, interesting

616cf6afc0b0fd0f7daf6893bf45e663.jpg

Нападающий «Вашингтон Кэпиталс» Брендан Лайпсик стал игроком ЦСКА - ХК ЦСКА

Reactions: irunthepeg

Prominence

Ryan Tverberg Fan
Jul 22, 2011
Vancouver
^ They copied and pasted a picture into a new file, deleted the top and bottom halves to show the white parts, pasted a picture of a cska player and removed the head portion of the picture using a magnetic lasso tool and then used magnetic lasso tool on a picture of leipsic and copied/pasted his head above the headless cska player.

Can be done in less than 10 minutes.

RantanenRavin

Jun 24, 2017
^ They copied and pasted a picture into a new file, deleted the top and bottom halves to show the white parts, pasted a picture of a cska player and removed the head portion of the picture using a magnetic lasso tool and then used magnetic lasso tool on a picture of leipsic and copied/pasted his head above the headless cska player.

Can be done in less than 10 minutes.

Don't get why you're so butt hurt about a joke? I don't need to show you anything. Any competent graphic designer knows that graphic is plain awful.

Haha you two are hilarious, first prominence explains step by step how it is done and how simple it is, but still wont put his money where his mouth is. And then secondly, hb11, I'm confused, maybe you can straighten this out for me. Are we talking about the skillset of a local high schooler with an intro to photoshop, or a competent graphic designer. One is a professional, the other is not.

I'm not butt hurt about anything, I just cant stand the negative attitude our society has taken on lately. Why are we at the point that even the friggin graphics on a news article about a completely inconsequential player leaving NA to play overseas need to be criticized and made fun of. Does it make you feel good to trash another's work? Why is it so necessary to point out every flaw that can be found. So again, I am not butt hurt, although I do appreciate the Workaholics reference.

Maybe if people weren't so focused on being critical of others, they would see the flaws in themselves and focus on improving themselves instead of just breaking down everything and everyone around them.

hb12xchamps

Dec 23, 2011
Pennsylvania
Haha you two are hilarious, first prominence explains step by step how it is done and how simple it is, but still wont put his money where his mouth is. And then secondly, hb11, I'm confused, maybe you can straighten this out for me. Are we talking about the skillset of a local high schooler with an intro to photoshop, or a competent graphic designer. One is a professional, the other is not.

I'm not butt hurt about anything, I just cant stand the negative attitude our society has taken on lately. Why are we at the point that even the friggin graphics on a news article about a completely inconsequential player leaving NA to play overseas need to be criticized and made fun of. Does it make you feel good to trash another's work? Why is it so necessary to point out every flaw that can be found. So again, I am not butt hurt, although I do appreciate the Workaholics reference.

Maybe if people weren't so focused on being critical of others, they would see the flaws in themselves and focus on improving themselves instead of just breaking down everything and everyone around them.
If you can’t understand my two comments, I really don’t know what to tell you bud. They were both very simple and easy to follow.

The original comment is a joke about how a very prominent professional sports team in a well regarded league released a graphic that looks like a high schooler made it. The second comment clearly stated any competent graphic designer knows that graphic isn’t good. I guarantee it took about 15-30 minutes to produce that.

Just take a joke and move on bud. You’re the only one white knighting here

RantanenRavin

Jun 24, 2017
If you can’t understand my two comments, I really don’t know what to tell you bud. They were both very simple and easy to follow.

The original comment is a joke about how a very prominent professional sports team in a well regarded league released a graphic that looks like a high schooler made it. The second comment clearly stated any competent graphic designer knows that graphic isn’t good. I guarantee it took about 15-30 minutes to produce that.

Just take a joke and move on bud. You’re the only one white knighting here

Such arrogance....

Billdo

Oct 28, 2008
Ocean County

Dude you're literally arguing with people you don't know because of their opinion on a scrub signing in the KHL yet saying the negative attitude of today's society is a problem. While that is in fact true, you're literally arguing with strangers over a shitty photoshop.

Prominence

Ryan Tverberg Fan
Jul 22, 2011
Vancouver

You're saying you want to see another s***** brendan leipsic graphic? I can do it. For a price.

When hb11 said a high school student with introductory skills can make that, he's not far off. Middle schools teach photo manipulation, programming and robotics. In fact, the first lesson (after teaching little kids how to create new file, save, where to save etc) is how to use the toolbar on the left side of photoshop. I actually did a lesson on this when I used to substitute at a middle school.

That graphic was definitely not made by a graphic designer. They can do much more complex things. Most likely it's an intern or a marketing coordinator (some sort of jack of all trades job).
I'm not butt hurt about anything, I just cant stand the negative attitude our society has taken on lately.
It sure sounds like you are. Criticism can be constructive. There are a lot of graphics displayed on this discussion board. I've rarely see negative feedback directed to them because it's never as bad as this leipsic graphic.

Why are we at the point that even the friggin graphics on a news article about a completely inconsequential player leaving NA to play overseas need to be criticized and made fun of. Does it make you feel good to trash another's work? Why is it so necessary to point out every flaw that can be found. So again, I am not butt hurt, although I do appreciate the Workaholics reference.

Because it's funny when a multi-million dollar franchise can't properly create a graphic.

Isn't that what you're doing?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad