Noori

Jul 7, 2007
Calgary
As per Renaud Lavoie

Waivers: Breen, Christopher
CGY
Pyatt, Taylor
NYR

He was pretty unimpressive. He's pretty slow and can't think the game at an NHL level. Flames probably think so too since they decided waive Breen instead of Derek Smith (who, let's face it, also isn't very good).

MarkGio

Nov 6, 2010
Howse, Breen, Nemisz... a lot of Sutter's picks are getting weeded out

Janks

Pope Janks
Jan 7, 2010
Calgary
Guess we're seeing the purge happen now. I'm alright with this though. Breen looked too slow, both mentally and physically, to make an impact in the NHL.

BVicious

Jun 15, 2012
I like this. I think Smith is much better.

Not sure why Smith isn't liked on here. Guy skates really well and handles the puck pretty good too. Gets caught out of position sometimes but lots of our Dmen do too

Skobel24

#Ignited
May 23, 2008
Winnipeg
I like this. I think Smith is much better.

Not sure why Smith isn't liked on here. Guy skates really well and handles the puck pretty good too. Gets caught out of position sometimes but lots of our Dmen do too

I have no major issues with Smith or Butler.

Calculon

unholy acting talent
Jan 20, 2006
Error 503
Should pass through waivers. Was often struggling defensively, but that's not really a big surprise given he wasn't playing much and was only seeing very limited minutes. Should bolster the Heat hopefully.

Johnny Hoxville

The Return of a Legend
Jul 15, 2006
Calgary
The issue with Breen is this, the Flames love his size. Our lineup lacks size so that is why they like the idea of having him around. The problem is, his game is not currently NHL ready. He's been a seventh defenseman/healthy scratch this long because he would have to clear waivers if they send him down. They haven't done so already, because they fear with the size that he has that there then is a good chance that he would be claimed. The Flames do not want to just lose him because of the potential that he has in his game with his size. Obviously now though they feel that they have no other choice but to send him down/waive him I'm assuming due to the lack of his progression.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad