Recalled/Assigned: Breen & Horak recalled from Heat, B. Jones & Smith sent down.

Johnny Hoxville

The Return of a Legend
Jul 15, 2006
Calgary
If he ever gets paired with Kanzig we are calling that pairing the twin towers.

I really hope Breen, Butler and SOB all get rotated until they find the best combination. SOB and Butler are horrible together.

MuffinMerc

Come watch TV
Jan 23, 2013
Hell yeah Horak's back up! Feel bad for Blair though there was no point in bringing him up.

Excited to watch Scorak up here.

Noori

Jul 7, 2007
Calgary
SOB is a tough SOB. He clears the front of the net, is strong along the boards, and sticks up for teammates. Butler is just the most bland defensemen ever. He's not physical, he doesn't use his speed, his positioning is mediocre, he's not strong in front of the net, his reads are not very good. Is there one part of the game that Chris Butler is even average at? Nothing positive stands out when you see him play.

Nice to see Horak up. I think he's a better NHL'er than an AHL'er (if that makes sense). I wasn't too big a fan of Bouma in the top-9. He's perfect back on the fourth line.

May 27, 2012
Earth
SOB is a tough SOB. He clears the front of the net, is strong along the boards, and sticks up for teammates. Butler is just the most bland defensemen ever. He's not physical, he doesn't use his speed, his positioning is mediocre, he's not strong in front of the net, his reads are not very good. Is there one part of the game that Chris Butler is even average at? Nothing positive stands out when you see him play.

Nice to see Horak up. I think he's a better NHL'er than an AHL'er (if that makes sense). I wasn't too big a fan of Bouma in the top-9. He's perfect back on the fourth line.

He is tough Shane O'Brien?

MonahanTheMan

Pray for Flames
Jul 10, 2013
Bellingham, WA

To be fair, he blocks lots of shots. That doesn't make up for the fact that he's a liability in the defensive zone every other time, though.

SOB talk about SOB in third SOB.

SOB pep talk SOB in locker room to play game good! SOB play. SOB try to be good. Sometime SOB make boo boo. This make SOB sad.
Imagining O'Brien trying to give himself a pep talk in the dressing room is honestly a pretty depressing image.

TheHudlinator

Nov 21, 2011
Victoria,BC
In the debate between SOB vs Butler I think it basically comes down to who fits the system better and that is Butler imo. He is faster, can make a very good break out pass, and is a much better defenseman in terms of positioning and active stick.

Breen easily provides the same attributes SOB has but isn't as stupid so it makes way more sense to me to play Breen over SOB and try to beat the brain dead passes out of Butler.

InfinityIggy

Zagidulin's Dad
Jan 30, 2011
No, someone else will be anointed as "The WOAT"

107857613_slide.jpg

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad