Breakout/surprise player

Banded Peak

Apr 15, 2015
I'm kind of in that boat too though he's a cheap option to replace McQuaid when he inevitably spends half the season on IR.

If Chara and Seidenberg are staying might as well let them mentor these younger guys while they're there. They know how to play the right way even if the legs just aren't there anymore.

SoldiersOfFilth

Hamildone with Neely
Dec 28, 2013
Near Olympia
I do too and to me it looks more and more like Kevan Miller might be the odd man out here, whether it be this summer in trade or on waivers after training camp. And I like Kevan Miller very much but I wouldn't be surprised if he was the guy who goes.

Unless they carry 8 D-men, which honestly I would do (4 lefties and 4 rightys) but Boston's MO has been to carry 1 extra F and 1 extra D. Rarely do they go with a 23 man roster.

Personally I really think the Millers would be a great bottom pairing together. Kevin is a decent stay at home defender who blocks shots and makes heavy hits while Colin has serious wheels and offensive awareness, would compliment each other well, especially against bottom lines.

ashnathan

Apr 22, 2014
Australia
As cheap as Miller is, and this does not mean I am saying I agree with the McQuaid re-signing, he isn't as good as Quaider, and he was awful when he was on the ice this year. But don't tell Haggs I said that, he was rated an A remember :laugh:

Miller since last years playoffs just wasn't the same guy, bad pinches, mishandling, bad passing, some give him the benefit of the doubt after he was injured in the fight at Buffalo, but I dunno, his shoulder may have been injured, but I don't recall his brain copping a big knock to account for his sudden '****ting of the bed'

Im pretty harsh on he and Smith though, only because I believe they regressed

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
As cheap as Miller is, and this does not mean I am saying I agree with the McQuaid re-signing, he isn't as good as Quaider, and he was awful when he was on the ice this year. But don't tell Haggs I said that, he was rated an A remember :laugh:

Miller since last years playoffs just wasn't the same guy, bad pinches, mishandling, bad passing, some give him the benefit of the doubt after he was injured in the fight at Buffalo, but I dunno, his shoulder may have been injured, but I don't recall his brain copping a big knock to account for his sudden '****ting of the bed'

Im pretty harsh on he and Smith though, only because I believe they regressed

Miller is what he is, a solid stay-at-home defensive D-man whose not going to provide much offensively. He makes a decent first pass, nothing great but decent. Puck-handling will never be a strength of his game.

I had no issues with his defensive play considering he played a lot of the year with a bum shoulder.

Did he regress a bit, yes I agree. I think he could bounce back and be more like 2013-14 Miller and a decent guy to keep around considering his cap hit, even if he's not an everyday player.

37IsTheBear

Oct 27, 2011
Cambridge
Anyone else think Ferlin will surprise? I liked what I saw from him last year, big body who is strong on the boards, should be great on the fourth line.

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
Anyone else think Ferlin will surprise? I liked what I saw from him last year, big body who is strong on the boards, should be great on the fourth line.

I do.

He's my sleeper pick to be our breakout player. Could easily start the season on the RW 4th line and be in the top 9 by seasons end.

Puckcrazy51

Feb 28, 2014
Miller and Morrow on back end.
Griffith, looked good last year and Phillips, former 1st rounder, who outscored everybody in his games after trade with Minnesota.
Also don't count on impact Randell could have.

BsEuphoria

The Future
Sep 21, 2013
I think the only hopeful silver lining I'm looking for this year is to get some of the young guns a really good chance at cracking the lineup this year. Really looking forward to seeing some of them get their chances.

Man Rocket

88+73
Jul 12, 2011
Koko will pull a Spooner some point this year when we actually let him come up and play in the top 9

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
I'm hoping to see Morrow having a good year,
Connolly showing why he is a top10 draft pick
and Koko winning/getting a spot.

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
Hearing alot of good things about Colin Miller, anyone know if this season he would have been given his chance to make the Kings or is/would he have been most likely a year of development away?

Man Rocket

88+73
Jul 12, 2011
Hearing alot of good things about Colin Miller, anyone know if this season he would have been given his chance to make the Kings or is/would he have been most likely a year of development away?

I asked on the Kings board and many said 1 more year of mostly AHL games with some callups

BruinsBtn

Dec 24, 2006
Would be great if Connolly really brought it. I'm not sure I see it though, unless Krejci carries him.

Jorah Marshmont

Long may he reign
May 10, 2012
Maybe not a candidate for a "breakout" season, but I could definitely see Seids returning to his old reliable self. Not as great as he once was, but solid enough that most people will stop clamoring for him to be traded.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad