WC: Breakout players

Status
Not open for further replies.

Belak Attack

:walrus:
Mar 26, 2010
Toronto, Canadia.
I'm really, really hoping Kulemin does something to get recognized, get some more minutes, and gets thrown onto a better line. Guess I can't say he's on a bad line, though.

syz

[1, 5, 6, 14]
Jul 13, 2007
Zuccarello Aasen and MPS both looked good today.

smitty10

Aug 6, 2009
Toronto
Josi & Monnet & Ambuhl & Brunner for the Swiss.

I think that Josi's breakout will come on NA sized ice. He played well in the WJC on it, but it needs to be seen on a consistent level over at least one pro season in NA before you can really say that. He is only 19/20 years old. He has become a very good player, but hasn't broken out yet.

TheNextOneX

Apr 29, 2009
Lausanne
The heck you talk about? Josi score a goal against Latvia and he is already having his break out year in the swiss league at least.

rigger

Aug 18, 2004
Jessica Alba's Dream
Who are yours?

So far for me, Duchene looked awesome in Canada's first game. He kid continues to get better every single game.

Duchene is going to win rookie of the year. I'd say he's already broken out, no?

Im thinking guys like Russell or Bourque, maybe rookies and prospects like Eberle or Pajaarvi-Svensson, Regin, guys like that.

Just my opinion of what breakout means I guess.

SpezDispenser

Aug 15, 2007
Duchene is going to win rookie of the year. I'd say he's already broken out, no?

Im thinking guys like Russell or Bourque, maybe rookies and prospects like Eberle or Pajaarvi-Svensson, Regin, guys like that.

That's highly debatable to say the least. Look to Myers.

Maverick41

Cold-blooded Jelly Doughnut
Sponsor
Nov 9, 2005
Germany
I don't think they will be at the same level as some other who have been mentioned here, but on the German team I'd go with Holzer, Endras and Krueger, maybe Mueller.

Crazyhorse

Sep 2, 2006
Gothenburg
Oliver Ekman-Larsson. The guy is a stud. I haven't watched him played alot, but everytime i see him play, im getting more convinced that he's going to be the premier swedish defender for the coming 15 years.

Last edited:

R S

Sep 18, 2006

Well Bourque already has broken out as well....he nearly scored 30 goals this year...so according to your definition he doesn't belong either.

When I mention Duchene I mean like a Stamkos breakout from last WC.

joe89

Apr 30, 2009
Easily OEL for Sweden. That pick must be looking pretty darn good for Phoenix right now. He does it all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad