BREAKING...TSN: NHL has rejected the NHLPA's 49M proposal

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jobu

Nov 17, 2003
Vancouver
Visit site
kenabnrmal said:
There will be movement. As has been repeated over and over, it isn't done till Bob and Gary are putting on the stupid hats, or Gary's on stage pulling the plug. Till then, theres still plenty left.

For Christ's sake, call it a day at $45m, no 10% overage provisions, luxury tax from $x to $45m.

It makes so much sense than it obviously won't happen.

Flukeshot

Briere Activate!
Sponsor
Feb 19, 2004
Brampton, Ont
I'm glad they responded with an answer so quickly. This is some highstakes poker action going on right now. Gary says no without moving their offer up even a little shows to Bob that he isn't going to flinch. It puts the pressure to get things done right back on Goodenow. It will all depend on him to decide whether to call it over or to move down even a little further. If Bob does move a little more even if it is just by a couple of million it would throw all the pressure on to Bettman. If at that time Bettman didn't accept or up the 42.5 a little I think the league would lose a lot of favour in the fans eyes and more importantly the "impasse" judge's eyes.

struckmatch

Jul 28, 2003
Vancouver
So, these are the leagues options.

1. Cancel the season, risk major losses, their impasse case has taken a hit with the PA proposing as cap, and severely damaging this business and risking contraction.

2. Move the cap to 44 or 44.5 and make a deal.

What do YOU think they'll do?

bladoww

Team of the Future
Jan 13, 2005
Everyone keep thier pants on... the night is young, and more negotiating has been done in the past few days than the past few years. :lol:

Jobu

Nov 17, 2003
Vancouver
Visit site
Lou is God said:
ESPNews just said that after the commercial break they have breaking news on the strike, that I don't want to miss it.

I got a $100 that says it's something I knew two hours ago.

What strike?

X8oD

Feb 27, 2002
612 Warf Ave.
no13matssundin said:
Like I said in the other thread. This is it. This is last one. The PA needs to cave, or we'll be watching NHL hockey in September with replacements playing under a 31 Mil Hard Cap. Guarenteed.

they will NEVER get a hard cap that low, and they will NEVER get replacement players to even touch the ice, now that the NHLPA is easily with in range of what the NHL Offered.

Infact, If the NHL tried after this, I hope they woudl lose. Because the NHLPA is more than matching their will to negotiate, NOW.

Doc Hollywood

Feb 1, 2004
Grandpabuzz said:
Looks like the season will be lost by 6.5 million boys.

It is just not 6.5 mil. Under 42.5 Cap the Legue will pay out 61% of revenue to players and under the 49 mil Cap it would be 71%. That is a big difference. This is based on 2004 NHL Revenue at 2.1 billion which will certainly decline due to the lockout.

kenabnrmal

Feb 28, 2002
the beach or rink
Visit site
Jobu said:
For Christ's sake, call it a day at $45m, no 10% overage provisions, luxury tax from $x to $45m.

It makes so much sense than it obviously won't happen.

Ha, I just said the exact same thing to my buddy... "For Christ sake, $45 mil and call it a day". Word for word.

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
I can see Bettman getting up with no deal and ready to announce the season is over but pausing and speaking slowly just in case Goodenow pipes in he'll take the offer. I love hockey and want it resolved but the insanity and chaos in the Fall would be pretty interesting. They'd be lucky with the damage to get a $30 mil cap if at all- and more likely the owners would demand linkeage to revenue (whats 53% of ZERO Billy Guerin :dunno: ) helllllo :dunce:

NYRangers

Aug 11, 2004
"If every team spent to the $49-million level, total player compensation would exceed what we spent last season, and our player compensation cost would exceed 75% of revenues. We can't afford that."

What a Jackass!!!! Florida, Edmonton, Nashville, etc. wont go near that you duesche bag.

Icey

Jan 23, 2005
If they try for replacement players (which I doubt) they will have to go with their "final" offer which was $42M cap. That is why they have to say FINAL offer.

KOVALEV10*

Steve Begin said not even an hour ago in an interview on RDS that he's pretty sure we will know if there will be a season or not tonight not tommorow morning...

19nazzy

Jul 14, 2003
Don't whine you guys, we've heard no negotiations before. I'm sure they're still doing it. There's no way they're stopping now....

AlexGodynyuk

Feb 3, 2005
Well, where's the letter?
I mean, this has been my good time tonight, watching these two have a public little lovers fight.
Be a man Gary, if you're going to reject it, at least send Bob a letter and make fun of him in it.

think-blue-

Sep 28, 2002
Visit site
I doubt we see any negotations until the morning.

They'll both sit on this for a while... it's a game of chicken right now.

Like Kypreos says, if Goodenow comes back now, Gary's got him at 42.5. They'll come back at the last minute.

clefty

Retrovertigo
Dec 24, 2003
Visit site
Lou is God said:
ESPNews just said that after the commercial break they have breaking news on the strike, that I don't want to miss it.

I got a $100 that says it's something I knew two hours ago.
Well...?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad