GDT: BREAKING NEWS: THE BATTLE OF ALBERTA

Nanuuk

Nov 16, 2013
Calgary, Alberta
You say potAto, I say potato. If enough agree with you, ratings will go up. If not, they'll go down. I think Harn will mature in his broadcasts and will cut that type of call out of his repertoire.

User1996

Jun 24, 2020
Best idea for the 4th line, no loyalty, no loss of sleep over it. I hardly noticed them and that's a good thing. Keep rotating warm bodies in/out there. bring your size against team like the Oil, mix it up against other teams.
Rinaldo played 2:04 and Froese played 4:50. That’s probably why the weren’t noticed

RattsSSV

Слава Україні - F*** Putin
May 4, 2006
Hanarayan Singh has paid his dues. He was a long term fixture on Flames Punjabi broadcasts and knows the teams. I think he's already doing well, but let's give him the season to even further improve on his English broadcasting skills - there is talent there.

Cassie, it's hard as she's married to a member of the Flames org. if she didn't gush over McDavid etc. then you would really want her gone. For my opinion, she has good games and not so good and isn't truly consistent as a color analyst should be.
I agree both need some seasoning and paired with someone else they are passable. We're had Singh with DeBrusk and he gained some fans. Cassie knows the game and has insights that often are missed by others. With that said, last night was the worst HNIC broadcast I've ever seen.

Mazatt

Apr 30, 2019
I love the energy that Singh brings but I don't undertand pushing him into the HNIC role when he is still making a lot of tiny mistakes that probably come from adjusting to calling the game in a new language. I remember at one point Mangiapane was skating it up to centre to dump it and he mentioned how Valimaki was the one doing it despite Mangiapane wearing a different number, playing a different position, and being like 6 inches apart in height. It was the little stuff where calling smaller, non HNIC games would benefit I figure, because the way he calls the game is great. Elevates his energy at the right times and adds to the excitement late in games.

super6646

Apr 16, 2018
Calgary
Singh was just fine in my opinion. He wants to do his over the top thing once in awhile that’s fine as long as he isn’t a complete homer with it. Hearing Kevin cream himself over mcdavid was something else.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad