OT: Breaking News: Rock Lobster & Family To Acquire Player-To-Be-Named-Later In July 2021

Papa Francouz

Nov 25, 2013
Denver, CO
Congrats, RL! It took my wife and I quite a while before she got pregnant, too, and it was a huge weight off our collective chests when it finally happened. I can only imagine how good it feels after 2 years of trying!

Reactions: RockLobster

Rumplesnipeskin

Bar Down
Nov 30, 2011
Colorado
Huge congrats, just do us all a favor and avoid the name SEPH... RSS are great initials, though :sarcasm:

My wife and I actually will be bringing another Avs fan (highly unlikely to be an Avs draft pick, just based on historical data) into the world in April, all things well. I look forward to your posts about how things are progressing, pregnancy has been / is quite a sidecar ride.

AllAboutAvs

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 25, 2006
Congrats RL!!

A child chances your life forever. Depending on your current lifestyle you might have to give a lot but let me tell you that in the end it is well worth it.

Like most people I could give you the standard advises but I'm sure you'll get those from people you are close to. However I will give you one advise that most people overlook but is so important...."Pick your battles with your child". It should help you keep a great relationship with him/her. Certainly did for my wife and I. It's OK if they win the small ones as they will be more receptive in losing the big ones.

I wish you a strong and healthy baby.

Patagonia

Keep Whining
Jan 6, 2017
Congratulations to both of you!!!

Mission Accomplished.gif

MarkT

Heretic
Nov 11, 2017
Mazel tov!

Enjoy the challenge and soak in the increased responsibility. Try not to annoy your non-parent friends with talk about the baby.

Reactions: Gatorbait19

Anders Cain

Formerly JordoMack
Jul 7, 2018
Nova Scotia
Congrats! Big shout out to the "Pick your battles" comment earlier. Raising two kids of my own, huge piece of advice. Best thing I ever did in life is become a dad.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad