Equipment: Breaking in skates and then changing the insoles; problem?

lordbender

Mar 13, 2016
Hey guys

I have new low-end-ish Bauer skates and the stock insole are so thin and have no support. So, I was thinking of getting an aftermarket insole like the Superfeet Yellows for the added arch support because I have weak arches but was thinking that those insole's extra heel cushioning would alter the way my foot sat in the skate, and in a way not intended by the boot's shape.

People have them and like them... so I'm guessing you guys don't have problems with how your feet sit in the boot afterwards? Do you guys re-bake?

Thanks!

AIREAYE

Jun 7, 2009
Great question. I would recommend a re-bake if it's free from the store you bought it from as your feet do indeed sit slightly differently. However, as your skates aren't too stiff and high end, you could still break them in normally if you can't do a bake for whatever reason.

A re-bake has always been a recommendation with Superfeet or any sort of structured after-market insole.

Goonzilla

Welcome to my house!
Feb 18, 2014
The rink ..too often
I've changed skates recently; the skates are great, but the insoles kept sliding about in the skate and scrunching up around my toes. I thought they were garbage for a higher end skate. I'd be having my wiggle my toes around every time I put them on to try and flatten them down. I just took the ones out of my old pair and put 'em in the new. Instant fix.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad