Breaking Down the Bruins

WeWantACup

Oct 15, 2011
Toronto
www.wewantacup.com
While Leaf nation may have been drooling over the thought of a Leafs-Habs series,
the round one matchup coming tonight versus the Bruins may actually favour the Leafs in some ways, believe it or not…

http://www.wewantacup.com/headlines/1591-hump-day-headlines-breaking-down-the-bruins

leafs%20vs%20bruins%20at%20boston.jpg

Brew

The top of HF’s most disliked
Sep 22, 2007
Agreed with much of the article.

Unfortunately Bozak's injury will cost us in the faceoff department, and to utilize the powerplay, we may need to unleash Komarov on them a bit as he can easily get under their skin.

IMO the 3rd line will be essential to our team. We know our first two lines are good for scoring, but the 3rd line has a lot of question marks that could potentially cost us (scoring wise).

JoeyBeans

Jan 5, 2013
Halifax
I find it hilarious I been browsing the Boston thread and every fan on there in 100% confident they have this series in the bag... Some fans are talking about the 2nd round..

Go Leafs Go

Pi

Nov 16, 2010
Toronto
What the Leafs need to do is capitalize on the Bruins 2nd and 3rd pairings.

When Chara is on the ice...the Leafs just can't get much done but he's not going to play 60 minutes.

rojac

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 5, 2007
Waterloo, ON
I find it hilarious I been browsing the Boston thread and every fan on there in 100% confident they have this series in the bag... Some fans are talking about the 2nd round..

Go Leafs Go

You find it funny that a group of fans strongly believe in their team? Doesn't seem strange to me. Being a sports fan is as much about faith as it is reason.

unitedstars

Feb 15, 2013
You find it funny that a group of fans strongly believe in their team? Doesn't seem strange to me. Being a sports fan is as much about faith as it is reason.

Strongly believing in your team and looking past your opponent into the 2nd round is two different things?

thewave

Jun 17, 2011
Let's be realistic they are a heavy fav. We could do it if our offense is full go and Reimer stands on his head. They are more balanced team with = to better tending and superior D. They won the cup 2 yrs ago for crying out loud. Go Leafs let's pull the upset!

KuleminFan41

Jan 5, 2009
Let's be realistic they are a heavy fav. We could do it if our offense is full go and Reimer stands on his head. They are more balanced team with = to better tending and superior D. They won the cup 2 yrs ago for crying out loud. Go Leafs let's pull the upset!
When they won the cup Leafs went 4-2 during the regular season to be fair

Al14

Jul 13, 2007
Need to double shift Kessel... put him on the first and 3rd or 4th lines. If Chara is on when Kessel is on the 3rd or 4th, he must be hit by Orr or McLaren every single time he touches the puck! That will break down the Bruins!!!

Tak7

Nov 1, 2009
GTA or the UK

Go Leafs Go

Why is it hilarious?

Their team is favorites.

Their team has home ice.

Their team has experience in the playoffs.

Their team has owned our team for a very long time.

I don't mind their confidence because I think it's well founded.

I see some people saying LEAFS IN 6 or LEAFS IN 7, without offering much reason as to why - saying it out of hope rather than expectation.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad