3 Stars

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
If you told me I could put Chytil next to Kreider and Zibanejad, and have Roslovic sell hot dogs, I would do that.

Roslovic is like pouring gasoline on everything 20 and 93 do poorly. Chytil does a lot of what they need.

I'm not enthused about any other change.

I'm not taking Rempe, Vesey, or even Goodrow out after their performance in game 1.

I'm not interested in a like-for-like swap between Wennberg and Chytil. Chytil is not going to help that line score. Chytil and Kakko never scored at good rates together. Kucherov-McDavid-Kakko wouldn't score. Kakko is offensive cyanide. Sorry, but he is. That line is doing fine in their role as a "have the puck for a bit" unit, and it would be a waste of Chytil's offensive potential.

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
Personally, I like PK. I think he's fun and his takes are relatively fine for the role. Most of them are morons and/or CTE cases. Bissonnette is an actual child. Gretzky has never uttered an interesting thing in his life. Like, given the competition, PK is firmly near the top.

So he thinks the Panarin hit was dirty. That's his opinion. So what?

Tbh, it kinda was borderline. I'm more in the camp of "I don't care, he should have hit Oshie harder" than in the camp of "defending" the hit.

McRanger92

Jun 7, 2017
Penalty Kill Subban is a loudmouth but hes really a good analyst, and I know the meme is that Mess hates him but I think there's a mutual respect and banter between them that works. And Steve Levy is an old guard ESPN hockey guy and Ranger fan who fits on that line. ESPN intermission crew is more consistently good than TNT.

TNT has Lundqvist doing an impression of his Ranger career on TNT, carrying a bunch of bums way higher than they should go... Paul Miss the Net didnt even watch the NHL when he was stapled to the bench, evidenced by the fact that he is never right about anything. And Anson Carter hasnt contributed meaningfully to an NHL discussion since the GMs agreed to include him in the Jagr to NYR trade. Yandle and Gretzky are solid

Reactions: Machinehead

GoAwayPanarin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2008
In High Altitoad
Personally, I like PK. I think he's fun and his takes are relatively fine for the role. Most of them are morons and/or CTE cases. Bissonnette is an actual child. Gretzky has never uttered an interesting thing in his life. Like, given the competition, PK is firmly near the top.

So he thinks the Panarin hit was dirty. That's his opinion. So what?

Tbh, it kinda was borderline. I'm more in the camp of "I don't care, he should have hit Oshie harder" than in the camp of "defending" the hit.

I thought it should have been a minor. Anyone calling for a major is dumb.

FWIW, the hit that Wilson threw on Zibanejad in g1 (which was high AND late) was way worse and it wasn't called either.

McRanger92

Jun 7, 2017
I thought it should have been a minor. Anyone calling for a major is dumb.

FWIW, the hit that Wilson threw on Zibanejad in g1 (which was high AND late) was way worse and it wasn't called either.

I found it interesting that the spotter removed Oshie despite him being fine because he milked it after the hit hoping for a call. Carberry was whining about that after the game but the spotter doesnt remove guys for hits to the head they remove them when the reaction to getting hit high is bad. Plus a guy with head injuries shouldnt be lunging for the puck like that inside his own blue line when hes been whacking and slashing the Rangers star player with impunity all game. Play stupid games, win stupid prizes.

zlev

Dec 21, 2015
i would wait until game 4 to bring Chytil back. the 3rd line has been fine and game 3's are always very physical. then you can just take Roslovic out provided he doesn't score again which if he does then well that's cool too.

PuckLuck3043

Stairway To Heaven
Nov 15, 2017
Hudson Valley
Penalty Kill Subban is a loudmouth but hes really a good analyst, and I know the meme is that Mess hates him but I think there's a mutual respect and banter between them that works. And Steve Levy is an old guard ESPN hockey guy and Ranger fan who fits on that line. ESPN intermission crew is more consistently good than TNT.

TNT has Lundqvist doing an impression of his Ranger career on TNT, carrying a bunch of bums way higher than they should go... Paul Miss the Net didnt even watch the NHL when he was stapled to the bench, evidenced by the fact that he is never right about anything. And Anson Carter hasnt contributed meaningfully to an NHL discussion since the GMs agreed to include him in the Jagr to NYR trade. Yandle and Gretzky are solid
I like it. I agree with most of what you said, particularly Bissonette and Carter. They are both awful. I simply do not like Slewban at all. He is too bombastic and a clown. I do respect Messier and Hank though and it's not because they are ex Rangers. It's because they actually make sense and have some good insight without being over the top jerkoffs.

will1066

Your positivity is not welcomed
Oct 12, 2008
I like it. I agree with most of what you said, particularly Bissonette and Carter. They are both awful. I simply do not like Slewban at all. He is too bombastic and a clown. I do respect Messier and Hank though and it's not because they are ex Rangers. It's because they actually make sense and have some good insight without being over the top jerkoffs.
Mess's analysis is nothing we don't already know and it's always based on playing physical or back/forechecking hard or their power play is great or their penalty kill is working blah blah blah. PK actually offers insights from a modern perspective, like that guy should've done this instead of doing that with the clock winding down. Sometimes he frowns or yells or acts loud because he's frustrated by Mess's old-man takes. Both PK and Bissonette can be clowns for sure, but they know their shit. Watch Bis diagram out something on the telestrator sometime. Mess last played the game like nearly 30 years ago.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad